Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ryanair CEO to walk naked on the streets of Warsaw if LOT abolishes fuel surcharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryanair CEO to walk naked on the streets of Warsaw if LOT abolishes fuel surcharge

From Ryanair's press release on its own web site:

Ryanair, Europe’s No. 1 low fares airline, today (Tuesday, 23rd May 2006) announced that its Chief Executive, Michael O’Leary will appear naked in Warsaw’s busiest street if LOT abolishes its fuel surcharges this month.

Last week, LOT’s spokesman Leszek Chorzewski, said on Poland’s TVN24 news channel that Ryanair will soon walk naked down the street in front of TV cameras to draw attention to LOT’s fuel surcharges of up to €75.

Today Ryanair replied that it WILL walk naked down the street if LOT removes its fuel surcharges this month. Ryanair guarantees NO FUEL SURCHARGES EVER.

Speaking today, Ryanair’s Head of Communications, Peter Sherrard said:

“LOT’s fuel surcharge is just another excuse for it to charge higher fares and we will expose their profiteering at every opportunity. We have no problem placing this wager with LOT, because everyone knows that there is no chance whatsoever of LOT ever removing its fuel surcharge of up to €75 or lowering its fares. Only Ryanair guarantees Polish passengers the lowest fares and no fuel surcharge ever”.
    Next:
    None Planned

Who gives a fvck if LOT wants to put surcharges on fuel or not ??? LOT Polish Airlines always have been, is, and always will be a Polish national airline, and a crappy irish low-cost airline - ryanair will not tell LOT what to do. Have you ever heard of Britannia telling Air France what to do ??? That's bullcrap and if ryaniar doesn't stop, I guess it will be banned from Polish airports. LOT has some financial trouble, so this is his way of getting some money. If this guy from ryanair goes to Nowy Swiat street (which is the busiest street is Warszawa, not Marszalkowska), then he will eithet be stopped by Police soon or beaten up by Polish young people. He will also make people laugh at him, and airline not treat him seriously. What I think LOT should do if this continues: BAN RYANAIR FROM POLISH AIRPORTS

Comment

Old news.

http://www.jetphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33109

Cheers.
      TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

Awesome.
        sigpic
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
          Awesome.
          How is that awesome

Comment

It'd be funny if LOT called off all fuel surcharges for say a month just so O'Leary's balls get exposed in the Polish sun.

Of course, you can reinstate them 2 weeks later. A...promotion of sorts: FLY NOW TO WARSAW TO SEE IRISH BALLS! (no fuel charge)

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcenter
              A...promotion of sorts: FLY NOW TO WARSAW TO SEE IRISH BALLS! (no fuel charge)
              or: FLY NOW TO BEAT UP A RYANAIR CEO (no charge for that) which will happen for sure if he does that

Comment

What I think LOT should do if this continues: BAN RYANAIR FROM POLISH AIRPORTS
                I don't think LOT has any say in who gets banned or not

Anyways, this is pretty funny to me. He's basically just telling LOT to suck it.

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
                  Anyways, this is pretty funny to me. He's basically just telling LOT to suck it.
                  Hmm, maybe the WWE should bring MOL in as a new member of D-Generation X then .

Comment

Looks Michael O'Leary was looking for an opportunity to attract attention. He could ask Richard Branson to learn him how to do it more smartly.
                    Alain
                    Thanks for visiting
                    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                    *JetPhotos*
                    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
                      or: FLY NOW TO BEAT UP A RYANAIR CEO (no charge for that) which will happen for sure if he does that
                      You really think he will stand naked on a street without police and/or his own personal security surrounding him? No way he's going to get beaten up.

You guys can argue the right/wrong of this, I for one think it's a pretty "ballsy" move.
                      "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

"we're goin streaking!"

this is obviously just a publicity stunt. Fuel charges make sense...price of gas goes up, why the hell should the airline be the one that suffers? Do what every other industry in the world does when expenses go up, raise the f**kin cost. Not that difficult.

Comment

Good maybe he will get arrested, and then Ryanair will die.

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
                            How is that awesome
                            I don't know about you, but I find a naked Airline CEO running down the street to be very entertaining.
                            sigpic
                            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

It illegal to walk as naked to people

Comment

Working...
                              X