CO Ordering 10 More 787's & 34 737's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO Ordering 10 More 787's & 34 737's

PARIS -- Continental Airlines plans to order 10 more 787 jetliners, giving The Boeing Co. another big boost in its quest to place its Dreamliner with U.S. customers.

The $1.5 billion order from the nation's fourth-largest airline could be announced as soon as today, according to an airline industry source who is attending the annual membership meeting of the International Air Transport Association here.

Continental also is ordering 34 Boeing 737s, according to another industry source. That order could be worth more than $2 billion at list prices.

Boeing would not comment on the reports.

Continental previously ordered 10 787s, although apparently only seven of those have become firm orders.
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

awesome, I think they'll really like the 787 as they can continue to tap into smaller markets like they do with the 757, but these markets can be further away.

Comment

Good especially for the Dreamliner gaining some points in her homecountry. Good for CO which won't have to wait too much time in the line for at least initial deliveries.
      Alain
      Thanks for visiting
      *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
      *JetPhotos*
      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I wonder if any of the new 737 orders are 737-700ERs.
        Next:
        None Planned

Comment

No 789s for CO? I agree that they'll utilize the 788s on profitable routes (particularly international), but I would think the capacity of the 789 would be of some interest to them as well.

Oh well, great news regardless.
          Bama sux, War Eagle!

Comment

Originally posted by CathayPacific
            I wonder if any of the new 737 orders are 737-700ERs.
            Or 737-900ERs. Would both be a fit, as they could Euro markets from EWR where even the 752 is too large. Also good to see them ordering additional widebodies, though they need them today, and not in a few years .

Originally posted by screaming_emu
            awesome, I think they'll really like the 787 as they can continue to tap into smaller markets like they do with the 757, but these markets can be further away.
            Don't forget that the 787 will seat quite a few more pax than a 752 .

Comment

Great News. I can't wait to see the 787s in their c/s.
              Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818
                Great News. I can't wait to see the 787s in their c/s.

Look on Gemini's website, its close enough.

Comment

Working...
                X