No announcement yet.

The World Cup Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heck, I hope the US can make it as far as they did last time and past then, they should have beat Germany, but a bad call by the ref prevented that.

Comment

Ahh damn, stupid Costa Rican's not closing them down. Great goal though!

Comment

2-1 Germany at half time.
        Germany will win. I'm telling you.

Comment

My bet is 2 more goals, so the final result will be 4-1.

Comment

I think Costa Rica are lazy at times. Hopefully they can get an equaliser but im not counting on it

Comment

3-1, w00t!

-edit 19.31 local time: the 3-2 was totally Offside!
              Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
              - Metzgermeister

Comment

4-2, Goal of the World cup by Frings!

Ahh well, atleast they gave it there all. Next game Poland vs Ecuador. Comeon Poland
                Last edited by RingwaySam; 2006-06-09, 17:49.

Comment

4-2 Germany
                  FINAL

Sam, I suppose this means that the US has at least a 6 minute delay! I posted less than a minute after the match ended here on ESPN!

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcenter
                    4-2 Germany
                    FINAL

Sam, I suppose this means that the US has at least a 6 minute delay! I posted less than a minute after the match ended here on ESPN!
                    No I just knew it was over after the 4th

Comment

Wanchope's second goal was a clear offside, so in my mind it's still 4-1. Either way, Germany wins!

That last goal by Frings was awesome, but I can't help feel there was quite a bit of luck involved.

Game 2 - Go Poland!
                      "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Nah Wanchope's second was deffinatly on-side, it's just shown the replay again and he was deffinatly on but damn how much time does he want to finish it!?

Comment

Originally posted by magic48
                          And who beat England in the last game played at the old Wembley?
                          Oh yeah, our revenge for Wembley '66 .

Excellent game, though I gotta wonder about our center defence, and the ref ignoring the attack from behind on Frings 3 minutes after the 3:2, clearly a Red Card by FIFA rules.
                          Oh well, doesn't matter, we won, Lahm and Frings scored brilliant goals, and Klose is in excellent condition.

Okay, it's Poland vs Ecuador now, should be a draw .

Comment

Good score for Ecuador atm (2-0) didn't expect them to win!

Comment

The Ecuadorian defenders were awesome. I was expecting Poland to win, but Ecuador's defense was like a damn wall...solid.
                              "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Definitely a surprise win by Ecuador, they did play very well. It'll already be all or nothing for Poland against Germany, as I doubt Ecuador will lose points against Costa Rica.

Comment

Working...
                                X