Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BA747-436
    Dam skippy I am I can almost fit my 30D inside the lens hood alone! haha
    Waaauuw Heavy duty man !! So I assume you need a wimberley sidekick for that lens ?
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Nope I figure my 'Third Leg' should do the trick

Comment

Nope I figure my 'Third Leg' should do the trick

^^
        lol

Happy spotting tomorrow guys. !

Can't wait to view your photos especially taken with that 500mm .

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
          Can't wait to view your photos especially taken with that 500mm .
          I wouldn't get your hopes up mate, especially with Dan behind the camera

Comment

Originally posted by G-DALE
            I wouldn't get your hopes up mate, especially with Dan behind the camera
            Im optimistic with Dan this time. I bet it'll be hard to ruin the photos with that kind of a lens. j/k.

Comment

Well me, dan james and ben went to FAB yesterday, met up with the Jiddster and i think everyone will agree that the weather was SHITE!

Rained, clouds, and just generally crap weather. The 500 was good when i used it and we had a good laugh down there!

Good day wasnt it boys... haha
              Chris Sharps
              5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
              17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
              24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
              1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

I agree the weather was awefull. A big dissapointment, but nothing beer and good mates couldn't sort out. We got totally soaked more than once as we ran back and forth to the car for shelter, no sign of the SAA 744 guess it thought better of it after seeing the red arrows almost get hit by lightening!

The 500mm was dam heavy and not easy to control even with a slight wind. Panning wasnt to easy either. Mainly because I couldnt get near the front of the fence so had little manouvering room. Managed to salvage a few shots from the day which should, hopefully be up shortly.

Check here for more info:

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

ps - If anyone saw me I had my JP crew white t'shirt on. Can't hurt to have a walking advertisment at an airshow now can it!

Comment

Glad I went on Weds, was baking hot! http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=19590
                  Went today working on our stand, weather was poor again, cloudy maybe a good few take off shots, as they were going left to right. didn't snap any today just stayed in the chalet drinking free booze and eating free food
                  2x Canon 1Dmk3 -- Canon 400mm F2.8 IS L - Canon 100-400mm L IS USM -- Canon EF 70-200mm L IS F2.8 --Canon 300mm F2.8 IS L

Comment

Told you Friday was better Dan

Nice Hot sun, not packed.. and some good shots

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

How was youth day on Friday then Kaz. Good pics

I'l trying to upload the N822US as it had wingtips on it on Weds but today it didn't, did it on Sat? N822US comes up US Air tho and its Jet Tran Air, I've submitted a new airline but it says theres already one in the queue! Weird as I put SA Navy in the queue and that was accepted within hours!
                      Last edited by Manc; 2006-08-04, 08:52.
                      2x Canon 1Dmk3 -- Canon 400mm F2.8 IS L - Canon 100-400mm L IS USM -- Canon EF 70-200mm L IS F2.8 --Canon 300mm F2.8 IS L

Comment

Originally posted by Manc
                        How was youth day on Friday then Kaz. Good pics
                        'Trade' Day was fantastic thanks couldnt have it any other way! not many kids, not many people, you could walk around without bumping into pople, the barrier was easy to get to the front and nice sunshine

Also a thanks to the screeners and good job on screening all these shots, Much Apprieciated

Comment

Originally posted by Kaz

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=15360
                          Nice shots from FAB Kaz, so your liking the new lens?

Chris
                          Chris Sharps
                          1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

Originally posted by Kaz

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=15360
                            Yeah i was f*ing and blinding this morning when i woke up and saw blue sky again over London, but that soon turned into cloud coverage....which made me happy lol

I guess i could have salvaged a few more shots from the day if the IS was working on the 500mm L glass i was using.

Still got a few on, although i could get away with ticking them as night shots lol. Was fairly dissapointed in the tunout of flying aircraft to be honest. Funnily enough one of the highlights for me was watching the Extra doing some crazy aerobatics. But also seeing the Tornado's doing high speed passes, and what looked like a Su-27 (?) doing its usual awe inspiring display. Would have liked to have the EVA 773 get its fat ass off the ground along with the new C17. Had what looked like a 744 flying pretty close by that then decided not to bother when the Red Arrows almost got taken out by a rogue lightening strike lol....

All in all though a good day

Comment

Yeah i was f*ing and blinding this morning when i woke up and saw blue sky again over London, but that soon turned into cloud coverage....which made me happy lol

I guess i could have salvaged a few more shots from the day if the IS was working on the 500mm L glass i was using.

Still got a few on, although i could get away with ticking them as night shots lol. Was fairly dissapointed in the tunout of flying aircraft to be honest. Funnily enough one of the highlights for me was watching the Extra doing some crazy aerobatics. But also seeing the Tornado's doing high speed passes, and what looked like a Su-27 (?) doing its usual awe inspiring display. Would have liked to have the EVA 773 get its fat ass off the ground along with the new C17. Had what looked like a 744 flying pretty close by that then decided not to bother when the Red Arrows almost got taken out by a rogue lightening strike lol....

All in all though a good day
                              The IS was working!!! I have some 1/60th and 1/100th panning shots from it which are pretty sharp. You just don't know how to use it properly!

Nice shots btw mate!

Chris
                              Chris Sharps
                              1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

It was a good day indeed .. I have not had chance to process many of the shots yet but shooting out of a black plastic bag was different for sure...
                                Jid's FAB shots
                                I shall post some of the non avaiation shots tonight, including some of that 500mm beast !!!

Jid

Comment

Working...
                                X