Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Drip Photography (Yup, Weirdest Yet!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Drip Photography (Yup, Weirdest Yet!)

I got this idea from this months issue, they always have a section called "You Can Do It" in which some amazing shots are published and instructions are given to to them. This month, it was water drips. The guy that did the photos was amazing, of course he used professional equipment: remote sensors plus 2 sets of flashes and clamps and water drippers, etc. but I more or less got the idea. After somo 25 shots, this one was the best. Edited in PS CS2, just did Highlights, Contrast, Saturation & Sharpness. I hope you like it!

Regards,
    Tomas.

Whoopsss, someone PLEASE move this to off-topic, my bad!
    Last edited by tomas_cubero; 2006-06-27, 09:25.

Nice ideaThomas. I like the reflection in the bottom droplet. This is where a good buffer, F2.8 lens and a very high shutter speed comes into use i imagine

Comment

Excellent image Tomas, What settings did you use to shoot this. ???

I like the middle part of it, the three "combined drips" together.
      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Just threw 'em into Photoshop quickly

Fountain in Grand Cayman

Rebel XT, 1/40, f/22, 18mm, ISO100

Rebel XT, 1/2500, f/4, 18mm, ISO200

Comment

Nice Steve, possibly should have waited till the sun went a little lower so you could have got a lower shutter speed if you were at the max F stop. Somewhere around 1 - 2 seconds would have looked pretty neat. Like a mist effect

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
            Nice Steve, possibly should have waited till the sun went a little lower so you could have got a lower shutter speed if you were at the max F stop. Somewhere around 1 - 2 seconds would have looked pretty neat. Like a mist effect
            Yeah I would have but I was only there for a short time before heading back to the boat. Did what I could and it came out nice

Comment

Took this last year- fountain inside Caesar's Palace, Las Vegas. Colors turned out better than the water effects, but whatever.
              Click below.

[http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3669]

Comment

Great submissions Guys. Steve I like the "Frozen" water Image. Pretty neat mate !

Justin. Love the colours man. Almost kinda halucinating. *Thumbs up*

Now I think I failed to make the best of it.
                What do you think I should do next time ? Its a little over exposed. Dont you think ?

Canon 350D 1/25 @ f22 @ 22mm focal length @ ISO100 with Program: (Shutter Priority)

Canon 350D 1/320 @ f22 @ 24mm focal length @ ISO100 with Program: (Shutter Priority)

Advices would be appreciated.

Comment

Haha John we have the exact same fountain here in CHC (only there's three)

Comment

We only got this one on this side of the Terminal 3, and another different at the other side of this terminal. I'll take a shot of that next time !

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                      We only got this one on this side of the Terminal 3, and another different at the other side of this terminal. I'll take a shot of that next time !
                      John you should shoot the fountain at night when its lit and in 3 different colours, then you can make some realy nice shots!

Soren
                      Regards
                      Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

Working...
                      X