Air China and China Eastern to merge cargo divisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air China and China Eastern to merge cargo divisions

Air China Cargo and China Cargo Airlines (formerly China Eastern Cargo and is currently still wholly owned by China Eastern) will merge their cargo operations by the end of 2006. The news report did not say what will the name of the new cargo airline be, but it says that CA and MU will each have 50% stake in the new airline and it will base in Shanghai.

China Cargo Airlines operates a fleet of 5 MD11Fs and Air China Cargo has a fleet of 747-200Fs and 747-400Fs along with main deck cargo space on Air China's 747-400 Combis.

Before the merger of Dragonair and Cathay Pacific, it was rumored that Dragonair Cargo will join this new cargo airline. Now apparently Dragonair Cargo will join Cathay Pacific Cargo with the airline's passenger division.
    Next:
    None Planned

Thats exciting. Great news !

It'll be nice if you keep us updated what name, both side will choose for the new merge.
    That's a tough decision. Let alone choosing the right livery, I hope the two airlines will keep some colours from its main liveries and conjoin them just like what they did with UsAirways.

John
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

So will this new airline have one name... China Cargo? Remember they are getting the TU-204F very soon.

Comment

Interesting Daryl.

Do you know who originally ordered these -204F's. Eastern or Air China ??

And how many was ordered.?

Thanks,,

John

Comment

I think its was a couple for China North West and a couple for Air China.

Comment

Originally posted by hkgspotter1
            I think its was a couple for China North West and a couple for Air China.
            China Northwest did not order any TU-204Fs. It used to have some TU-154M passenger jets though. It's China Eastern which ordered them. Although now it doesn't make a difference since WH is now part of MU anyway.
            Next:
            None Planned

Comment

No it's not great news, two fairly nice liveries will go !!! On the bright side, they look coming up with a new brand name for the venture. On the worrisome side : how the livery will look !
              Alain
              Thanks for visiting
              *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
              *JetPhotos*
              Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

We'll see how the management's imagination of the new livery will work..

Edit:

Thought we may need MAP.com's to HELP us with the livery rendition.

So I posted this at MAP.

http://www.cardatabase.net/modifieda...&i=4778&t=4778

Check the link for updates after a few days. I hope some will get on working with it !
                Last edited by MaxPower; 2006-07-04, 12:24.

Comment

Originally posted by CathayPacific
                  China Northwest did not order any TU-204Fs. It used to have some TU-154M passenger jets though. It's China Eastern which ordered them. Although now it doesn't make a difference since WH is now part of MU anyway.
                  Not correct, China Southwest and China Nortwest ordered the TU-204's which later became Air China and China Eastern. As for the TU-154's, I know... saw SZ, 3U and WH TU-154's in China.... the good old days

Comment

Working...
                  X