Oshkosh Airventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oshkosh Airventure

Anyone going? Doesn't look like much of anyhting coming this year? No really good commercial airliners or anyhthing.

http://www.airventure.org/2006/event...html#Scheduled

I actually was going to go this year, but about a month ago I decided not to plan the trip as it didn't seem to be all that much this time around. I didn't expect many airliners to be there, although I would love to see more, but other then a few WWII aircraft, I don't see much of interest. Just my opinion.
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by ualwillstand
      No really good commercial airliners or anyhthing.

http://www.airventure.org/2006/event...html#Scheduled
      Its not built as an airliner show, if you want to see airliners go to Paris or London.

EAA is about aviation in general. Its an awesome time and I suggest that everyone here attend at least once. I was there in July,2002 (50 years of Oshkosh)

Comment

I was hoping to go but I couldn't get a ride. Plus I'd have to take the week out of work which wasn't happening. I might go next year though if I can figure out a way to get a plane for the week.

Comment

Who wants to see Airliners?

Comment

I think YX is sending a B1900 and a 328 jet.

Midwest Airlines - The Best Care In The Air

Comment

Originally posted by YYZPICS
              obviously Chasen does

Comment

yeh i know what its all about its just not my thing though.. Im not into the whole expiramental single engine plane thing.. someone is sending a dornier 328 jet tho...

Comment

yeh i know what its all about its just not my thing though.. Im not into the whole expiramental single engine plane thing.. someone is sending a dornier 328 jet tho...
                  Yea I know what you mean, I just shoot airliners becuase there nothing else to shoot, just waiting for my airshows...

Comment

Its not only that. Just go and you will understand........

Comment

someone is sending a dornier 328 jet tho...
                      I guess I'll just repeat what I typed above ... YX is sending a 328 do-jet and a B1900.

Comment

ive already been to it... I wasnt really impressed. I was kinda bored actually cuz its jus a bunch of vendors and people and there is too much walking. There are a few aerial displays which are the only thing i actually enjoyed. im not sure what the YX stands for? Just wondering what you all thought of the whole setup.. I wanted to go last year cuz they had a 757 I beleive but couldnt find any time to take off work to get up there. It wuld take about 3 hours to get there from where i live and then the admission is $40 sum dollars plus parking.. SO it is by no means cheap and with gas prices as high as they are and my average gas mileage of 15mpg and a $55 dollar per fill up average im gunna have to take out a loan..

Comment

YX = Midwest Airlines. See the photo below.

Comment

Originally posted by YYZPICS
                            *Raises Hand*

Although I am interested in all forms of aviation, commerical aviation is by far my favorite. As far as the static display goes, I'd personaly choose a hangar full of airliners at an open house over the entire U.S.A.F. on display. Might sound crazy, but I'm sure theres a number of people like that on this site.
                            sigpic
                            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

I'm not going, but one of our 4 SR20s is, which means that coupled with the fact that they tend to be hangar queens availability is gonna suck for the next week. Screw training the students we actually have here, lets focus on bringing more in...

Comment

Working...
                              X