No announcement yet.

Manchester Spotting September 1-3, 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im working on the Saturday but may drive up for Sun/Mon but I dunno for sure yet. Would be nice to pop up to MAN as I havent been since my visit in Feb,05.

Will keep you posted..
    Best regards,
    Dave

Saving the World, One Screened Image at a time...

Comment

Hi Dave, sounds good. Will you guys know within 3-4 days prior? I'd like to know who's coming or not, otherwise, dont want to be at the AVP and perhaps I'll miss a few of you guys there.

Kevin

Comment

Hi Kevin, well for photography purposes it is always best to be on the south side of the airport in the morning. Either at the rotation point or threshold of 24L. Then once that runway closes at 12 noon you have a couple of hours to be 'creative' or then go round to the AVP as the sun (if it makes an appearance) will be in a far better position by then. Oh and you will probably be hungry enough to manage one of the AVP's carpet burgers as well by that time!!!

Jid

Comment

Work permitting I may be able to make this one, probably only the Saturday though, I'll look at some fares etc when I get to work but even if I can't make MAN I'll be there for LHR the following week.

Matt
          My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

If you go to the rotation point of 24L i will need some directions plz i have not been there yet

Cheers
            Alan

Comment

Looking good for me, although will probably drive up, so will have my own wheels that weekend!!

Also bringing another train driver friend of mine!

Comment

Sounds good Adrian, this is turning into a South West Trains staff day out

Matt

Comment

Hi all

Just phoned work to check my rota i am only available on the Sunday

Cheers
                  Alan

Comment

Looks like I might be able to make this now. I have just "negotiated" some more Euromanx freebies and we had a windfall yesterday from a friend who died last year.

So, what's the plan? Meet at the top of the car park to start then AVP and beyond? I should get into MAN at around 9'ish with EMX or 8'ish if I use BA Connect. Or do we go srtaight to 't AVP. Someone make a decision!

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by FatGit
                      If you go to the rotation point of 24L i will need some directions plz i have not been there yet

Cheers
                      Alan

then

Should point you in the right direction.

Jid

Comment

Originally posted by egll
                        Sounds good Adrian, this is turning into a South West Trains staff day out

Matt
                        He actually works for HEX, lives near LHR, want a lift up??

Comment

So we all agreed that its gonna be a Sunday foto fest?

http://stu-doherty.fotopic.net

Comment

Originally posted by AdyWilliams
                            He actually works for HEX, lives near LHR, want a lift up??
                            Sounds like someone from the 'Railchat' forums......I'm ok for the lift thx as I'm gonna be taking the train (but probably not Virgin), and I shall be travelling back on the Monday.

Matt

Comment

Sunday it tis then, right will start looking for room and stuff.

Jid - I'm sure there is a place you can park by the 24L rotation, 06R touchdown point isnt there? Im sure you don't need to park and walk for miles like me and Dom did last time.Any of you Manchi boys could probs inform me actually.

Thanks..
                              Dave P
                              Capital Aviation Photography
                              Best regards,
                              Dave

Saving the World, One Screened Image at a time...

Comment

Originally posted by davepotter
                                I'm sure there is a place you can park by the 24L rotation, 06R touchdown point isnt there?
                                If you're an early bird then you should be able to get a spot right at the top of the lane next the gate where 'The Triangle' is. It looks like that'll be the best place to park too on Sunday with there being a westerly wind, meaning 24s will be in use.

As for making an appearance, I'll see what the weather's like nearer the time

Hope that helps,

Dale
                                Last edited by G-DALE; 2006-08-04, 08:18.

Comment

Working...
                                X