New Mainline DL Pink Plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mainline DL Pink Plane

At Yahoo Finance, you get free stock quotes, up-to-date news, portfolio management resources, international market data, social interaction and mortgage rates that help you manage your financial life.

Somebody go get a photo!!!

ATLANTA, Sept. 28, 2006 (PRIMEZONE) -- Delta Air Lines is taking flight for the fight against breast cancer. In October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the airline is introducing a newly painted Delta Pink Plane to its fleet to raise awareness for the cause and for its partner, The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF). BCRF is a nonprofit organization dedicated to funding innovative clinical and genetic research to find ways to prevent and cure breast cancer

Instead of Delta's traditional red, white and blue livery, this Boeing 757 will feature a specially designed new livery in multiple shades of pink and white. Delta's brightly colored pink aircraft will also feature BCRF's trademark pink ribbon logo, adjacent to the boarding door, as a visible reminder to passengers that they are flying on Delta's Pink Plane.

Delta will unveil the plane at a special event in Atlanta on Thursday, Sept. 28. After the unveiling, it will visit a variety of markets the airline serves nationwide. Additionally, throughout October, Delta will offer pink lemonade to customers for $2 on all domestic and most international flights with 100 percent of the proceeds benefiting BCRF.
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Question : how long she will be around ?
    Alain
    Thanks for visiting
    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
    *JetPhotos*
    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
      Alain
      Probably permanently, like Song's pink ribbon aircraft. Special schemes don't come cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
        Alain
        Until she'll be up for heavy maintenance again has to be repainted then .

Comment

Here is a pic of the plane and the Mini Cooper...and BTW - this is the old Pink Song plane....

Comment

Wow . Unusual color of course, but this is sure to catch quite a few views wherever the plane goes.

Comment

Not a big fan, but definately for a good cause.

Comment

That'd look pretty good in Blue hehe. But like Joe said, it's for a good cause.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                  That'd look pretty good in Blue hehe. But like Joe said, it's for a good cause.
                  Maybe they'll do a blue one for testicular cancer month.

Comment

LOL!
                    BTW what is it with Delta and Mini Coopers? I always see them at airshows painted with Delta logos all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                      LOL!
                      BTW what is it with Delta and Mini Coopers? I always see them at airshows painted with Delta logos all over it.
                      WN does a silimar gig with VW Beetles. They paint them in the plane livery and call it a "Luv Bug."

Comment

I love the patterns but the color is not my cup of tea.
                        O'Hare - The Aviation God's greatest creation, or their greatest mistake? you be the judge!

Comment

For those of you wondering about the routing...they had the unveiling this afternoon and have not yet posted flights for this aircraft yet so I doubt it will be in the air the next couple of days, routing is normally entered 24-48hrs in advance...I am leaving for my vacation tomorrow afternoon so unless they post it before I leave I wont be able to give y'all heads up on the location until next weekend...Since it is a Song configured aircraft I dont expect to see it pop up unexpectedly in cities that dont currently have those aircraft, but I could be wrong...

Comment

Here are the first two on JP.net....caught in Atlanta this afternoon:

[photoid=5825181]

[photoid=5825233]

-Rich

Comment

This aircraft has the reconfigured front cabin, and they have posted routing for 01 october..

(edited due to schedule change)

DL1612 ATL-PHL
                              DL463 PHL-ATL
                              DL1453 ATL-LGA
                              DL1052 LGA-ATL-SNA

The only thing constant in the airline industry is change..

Comment

Working...
                              X