737-400 of Adam Air of Indonesia with 102 people on board lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisburns
    The way this sounds I don't ever want to fly there because its quite clear they don't have a clue about anything.
    Noone is ever gonna force you to fly there.

Just pray and hope that you never c**** Otherwise you're screwed.

I can for sure say that someone should have taken care better of this accident, and not expect it to have made an emergency elsewhere. But again, this is not like US, it's not covered by radars/sats on every inch. Mis-communication or none at all were maybe present ?
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

I can't believe this, it was 6hrs after it was supposed to arrive and then they figure out something is wrong. Then they go well maybe it made an emergency landing somewhere. The way this sounds I don't ever want to fly there because its quite clear they don't have a clue about anything.
      That's the general problem with aviation in India. After the recent LCC boom, it seems there are too many black sheeps flying through the skies, with old equipment and/or questionable safety standards. I would say Garuda, Buraq and Air Asia are probably the ownly fully trustable carriers. Most other carriers have had their share of incidents, like runway overruns, amongst other things.

Comment

I just read it in the news this morning...:

Indonesia claimed that any previous information that the airplane was found as well as the information about 12 survivors are false.

The place of a tragedy was not found yet said the cheif of an air base Hasanuddin , marshal Eddy Suyanto and appologised for previous information that pieces of aircraft were found in mountainouse ares of the island of Sulavesi.
        He aslo said that the information about 12 survivors came from a village in the area of crash and they are still checking if it is true.

http://wiadomosci.wp.pl/wiadomosc.ht...8&ticaid=42f80

edit: now also on CNN: http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/as...ane/index.html

I am affraid that we can expect the worst....

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
          Noone is ever gonna force you to fly there.

Just pray and hope that you never c**** Otherwise you're screwed.

I can for sure say that someone should have taken care better of this accident, and not expect it to have made an emergency elsewhere. But again, this is not like US, it's not covered by radars/sats on every inch. Mis-communication or none at all were maybe present ?
          You never know where a job might have you travel. I'm not saying that I wont crash somewhere else. So I don't really get your comments.

Comment

Allegedly 12 survivors came from a village
            Whoever thought this "plan" would work is simply an ass. Good to see they busted the plan. Can't see how they would get away by saying we have 12 survivors * but are really from the nearby village* WTH is wrong with people nowadays....??

You never know where a job might have you travel. I'm not saying that I wont crash somewhere else. So I don't really get your comments.
            Well now you know, the area doesn't have the most advanced communication systems.(like US) 6 hours....?? NTSB would wiggle to hear that if that ever happened in the US. Are you "gonna" avoid the area (region) now you know they don't know jack about the situation...
            Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

To be back on topic at ;east survivors from the ferry that crashed ferry found. So some good news: http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/as....ap/index.html
              But looks like nothing new with the jet http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/as...ane/index.html

Comment

This crash had quite a few more pages at ADC. I was actually thinking about it just yesterday, and intended to check for any more recent news, but obviously that's not going to happen there.

If I recall correctly, they finally recoverd the CVR, or were on the verge of doing so.

Anything of value come out of that?

Comment

Originally posted by Digger
                  This crash had quite a few more pages at ADC. I was actually thinking about it just yesterday, and intended to check for any more recent news, but obviously that's not going to happen there.

If I recall correctly, they finally recoverd the CVR, or were on the verge of doing so.

Anything of value come out of that?
                  As I recall, they recovered both flight recorders round about the middle of the summer. No-one seems to know if anything useful was retrievable, or if it was, whether the authorities in that country would reveal anything.

Comment

Thanks.

That's what I was thinking as far as them being recovered. It certainly seems as if we should've heard something by now, one way or the other, and the AD crowd is usually right on top of that sort of thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X