Update on "Manipulation" rejection - Please read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cf73
    Today I received an email stating that all my previous photos that were accepted were done so in error due to this same problem and are due to be deleted. So this has gone from bad to worse, oh well...if at you first you don't succeed try and try again.
    Not quite true Carl, it asked you to use the resubmit function to provide corrected photos:
    Online jetliner photo database, featuring thousands of high-quality photographs of jet airliners, discussion forums, and more.

Re-upload improved scans or versions of photos already in the database while preserving photo statistics such as views, etc.
    If you don't take up the option of doing that then the photos will be removed!

Comment

Originally posted by AJ
      Not quite true Carl, it asked you to use the resubmit function to provide corrected photos:
      http://www.jetphotos.net/members/resubmit.php

If you don't take up the option of doing that then the photos will be removed!
      Hi Anthony,
      How long do I have to re-submit them? Reason I ask is that I have limited time in the evenings and therefore may not get to them before the weekend.

Cheers
      Carl

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
        To set the crop ratio take a look at this section of the processing when using the crop tool. Width is set to 1200px and height to 800 px. This is a 3:2 crop ratio. All you need to do to set this is to select the crop tool and type in the sizes as shown, including the letters "px".

From now on, whenever you crop this will be the size and ratio that will be cropped out at 100% magnification.

Thanks a lot Brian, much aprreciated. I will give this a go when I can.
        Hopefully by the weekend I can have some photos re-submitted.

Cheers
        Carl

Comment

Originally posted by cf73
          Hi Anthony,
          How long do I have to re-submit them? Reason I ask is that I have limited time in the evenings and therefore may not get to them before the weekend.

Cheers
          Carl
          No worries Carl, can I give you until Sunday evening?

Comment

Originally posted by AJ
            No worries Carl, can I give you until Sunday evening?
            Hi Anthony,

Thanks very much, I will try and resubmit what I can by Sunday. Thanks again for your help.

Cheers
            Carl

Comment

Hi again Anthony,

I have just re-submitted the photos I already had in the DB, but unfortunately one of them I did not remove a couple of dust spots (the Cathay A330). Do I have to wait for it to be rejected or can I recall it to make the change and then re-submit?

Cheers
              Carl

Comment

Carl just go in your member section and in the "xx photos in the photo screening queue" you can pull it from the queue yourself

Cheers
                Alex

Comment

Hi All,

Just a quick thank you to those who helped me, I got my additional photos in the DB and the previous ones that were accepted have been re-submitted.

Thanks again
                  Carl

Comment

Would be far easier to answer, if we had some examples to discuss.
                    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

As Gerardo says, could we see some examples of your shots so that we can discuss them....and not someone else's shots which are in the database already.
                      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Now I am really interested to see, why you think, your photos are that much better, than the one you linked to.

Comment

Esthetically, you're right, blurred props look better. But that's not the only criteria for a photo to be accepted.

Or, using your sarcasm "I don't see many backlit, blurry and soft photos here. Do you?"

Comment

Can I take it I'm not allowed to question why a certain shot has been added to the data base and why others haven't ?
                            Basically....YES.

It's considered bad manners to criticise another photog's work that has already been accepted. Would you like it to happen to you ?

Constructive comment for you....

Your post #1.

Pic. 1. Soft. Blurry. Too far away.
                            Pic. 2. Contrast. Motive ?
                            Pic. 3. Blurry.
                            Pic. 4. Soft.
                            Pic. 5. Seems OK initially. ( There you go, it's not ALL bad ! )

Your post #2.

Pic. 1. Soft. Too far away. Horizon unlevel. Poor composition/centre.
                            Pic. 2. Soft. Poor composition/centre.
                            Pic. 3. Dark/underexposed. Poor contrast. Blurry.

Now then. There are a lot of people, not just crew, on this site who are prepared to help ANY photog. who has a need for help. That degree of willingness to help, however, decreases in direct proportion to the amount of "attitude" presented in these forums.

Perhaps you would care to start again with a clean slate ?
                            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by en830
                              Sadly the runway in Jersey runs east to west, if taking photos late in the afternoon, to the west, the sun is behind the aircraft, unfortunately that's nature and there is not much I can do about it.
                              Photography means also - or above all, judging by my experience - plan the light conditions. If you know, that the sun will be in front of you and you can't take advantage of it - i.e. use backlight in a creative manner to add some value to the photo - then, don't even bother, change location, or make a visit on another time in the day. That's the case at any airport. I'd love to take photos from Zurich's heliport to RWY 16 in the morning, but it just does not work, as I would be shooting in the sun.
                              Originally posted by brianw999
                              Now then. There are a lot of people, not just crew, on this site who are prepared to help ANY photog. who has a need for help. That degree of willingness to help, however, decreases in direct proportion to the amount of "attitude" presented in these forums.
                              CORRECT! Couldn't agree more.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X