Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kodak or camera house ?

Hey fellow photographers,
    I have only just started shooting with my new Nikon F65 with 80-300mm lense. I was told by a professional photographer never to get my photos developed in one hour photo places because the staff are trained properly and probably never change the chemicals when need be.

However I am asking there is a Camera house (the full shomozal at about a 25 mins drive from my house.) or should I just keep taking my photos to the kodak 1 hr processing shop?

I have snapshots 20 years ago that still havent really changed, but I am just trying to do my best.

Advice appreciated...

Cheers,

[img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_redface.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    Regards,
    M. Nicol (JetPhotos.net Photographer...)
    <a href="http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1395">Click Here To
    View My Aircraft Pictures On JP.Net!</a>

Kodak or camera house ?

It’s been a while since I have had to develop pictures, but I do remember developing in a 1 hour shop where they did an excellent job. But it took me a while to find them. I tried a couple and saw whet your pro friend told you. I would shop around, and make friends with the shop owner/technicians, to make sure to keep an eye on your shots.

In the shop I took them, I remember asking me if 1 hour was really necessary, because in about 3 hours a technician would come around and change the chemicals.

And of course make sure they have good equipment and materials.

Comment

Kodak or camera house ?

I just had enough with bad 1 hour photo labs.

Now, I just develop the film or slides and turn them to digital with my Minolta Dual Scan II scanner.

However, this might not be useful at all for you, if you need your photos printed.

The other problem is that film is often full of litlle scratches and dust that can trash your digital output. Well, I just ordered PEC-12 film cleaning fluid, and I hope it works...
      Bruno Pires

Comment

If you want to find the best possible photo processing in your area visit a few professional photographers and ask where they send their own work. Wedding photographers are a very good source since wedding album photos require precise color matching and long term stability. Processers who work with wedding photographers are also used to special enlargement or cropping requests and will often be willing to do special processing such as boosted ISO. Once you find a processer you are comfortable with they will begin to intuit what you want in a final product and you should be quite happy with the results the first time around.

Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
        X