Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas Cook buys My Travel

Thomas Cook will merge with My Travel.

Now that will be interesting when it comes to aviation. As they now own the various Thomas Cook airlines, Condor and My Travel airways.

Last edited by seahawk; 2007-02-12, 08:33.

Something quite unexpected! On one hand it would be good for both companies and good for both [UK] airlines as they have a similar fleet so if MYT and TCX merge they will become a rather large charter airline with a good range of destiantions. On the other hand i like the livery of MYT and it would be ashame to see that go!
    Pity no more details have been released yet.

Squeaky
    "It's a gift...and a curse" (Adrian Monk)

Next Flights:-
    EMA-PRG Easyjet
    PRG-EMA Easyjet

Comment

Unexpected, surprising, now that most of the UK car industry is owned by German manufacturers, next on agenda will be the airlines !
      Alain
      Thanks for visiting
      *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
      *JetPhotos*
      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Interesting....thought it might have been First Choice instead.

Comment

Well, to be honest, its not totally unexpected. The package holiday market is fading in the UK, people are creating their own ideal holiday using their own choice of airline, and their own choice of hotels, etc. The rise in the number of LCC's to Europe (and more long haul) is evidence of this.
          “If you shoot for the stars and hit the moon, it's OK. But you've got to shoot for something. A lot of people don't even shoot.”
          Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
            Unexpected, surprising, now that most of the UK car industry is owned by German manufacturers, next on agenda will be the airlines !
            Alain
            Yes indeed Alain. However, it looks like Germans got the short end of the stick on the deal because Thomas Cook's headquarters near Frankfurt will close and be moved to London. In addition, the "new" company will be listed on the London Stock Exchange and not on the DAX.

Comment

In fact, people tend being self catering not only in the UK but in Western Europe as well. It's up to the airlines involved to keep converting into specialized full year scheduled players as does Monarch for instance. The latter doesn't get its revenues solely from Cosmos Travels since ages.
              Alain
              Thanks for visiting
              *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
              *JetPhotos*
              Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
              X