This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures from work

Another site I frequent has a separate forum that allows those who fly for a living to post pictures they have taken while working. That website has a much larger pilot community so I thought I would limit ours to a single thread that will be turned into a sticky.

I understand that many companies discourage photos taken while working, but there are some that don't. However, I would like to remind everyone that if you're not entirely sure that photos from your work would be ok, don't post them as aviation is a small world, especially on the internet.

I also ask that we keep photos to an 800 pixel maximum width so we can keep from needing to scroll across the page to see everything.

Here are a few pictures I took on a cross country with a student from Tipton (KFME) to Ocean City, MD (KOXB) last Friday. Hope you enjoy.

Finally out from underneath the BWI class B and the ADIZ we can now climb up to a more efficient altitude

Good student

The barrier island of Ocean City visible on the distance. All the tall buildings are hotels.

Blurry picture while on a practice GPS runway 05 approach to KOXB. The beach on the right side is Assateague Island. Its a national (or state?) park that has hundreds of wild horses that run around on the beach.

Into the Ocean City terminal to stretch the legs and have a look around.

Ocean City Airport seen right after departure. We were heading back to FME via Salisbury, but first we were going to fly along the beach.

Ocean City

More Ocean City

More...

Headin home
    Last edited by screaming_emu; 2007-03-13, 19:13.

Excellent idea, it's always nice to have view of things straight from a pilot's perspective, this'll for sure become an interesting thread .

Oh, and your pics svck .

Comment

i presume youre a CFI?

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
        i presume youre a CFI?
        Yep he is. I sure wouldn't want pics if he was a stripper!

Comment

Originally posted by Crism
          Yep he is. I sure wouldn't want pics if he was a stripper!
          Fine, I see how it is

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
            i presume youre a CFI?
            Correct

Comment

The pics will turn out better from the DA20!

Mike
              Van Hoolio's JP.net Photos
              lp.org

Comment

Originally posted by Van Hoolio
                The pics will turn out better from the DA20!

Mike
                Check out in the 172 with Cathy tomorrow morning. DA20 checkout should be later this week. Shoot me an email to let me know how things have been going.

Comment

No no no no no.... not more cluttering stickies.
                  But can I make a suggestion…….
                  I can understand that you may want discussion in the Briefing Room, but there would appear to be a limited number of pilots here to justify a restricted posting capability, so maybe expand it to all aviation related.
                  Alternately there may be many here that have interesting careers and would like to share their workplace, so perhaps an “Open” workplace in Off Topic may result in greater participation……I mean we may have a plastic surgeon that specializes in breast reduction, or a gynaecologist.
                  However after making these suggestions I suppose we could end up with a separate sticky in Off Topic and really piss me off
                  My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

Joe, fantastic pictures. I miss Ocean City! I was there a year ago, literally to this date, looking at apartments with one of my cousins out there. For him, not for me....

The close apprixmety of the beach was very attractive.

Alex
                    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Butterfly Island, just North-West of Momote, PNG, whilst enroute from CNS to CTS:

A Qantas 744ER heading from HKG to MEL diverts around a thunderstorm over the southern Philippines:

An amazing high level cloud pretending to be the terminal in HKG, taken over Kalimantan enroute from PER to HKG:

Mount Fuji on the clearest day I've ever seen in Tokyo, the Japanese passengers were in tears of joy over the view:
                      Last edited by AJ; 2007-03-15, 00:06.

Comment

Nice pics, AJ. It's remarkable how Butterfly Island really does look like a butterfly!

Comment

Yeah great shots AJ.

Comment

Great shots both of you guys!

Comment

Awesome shots AJ, that cloud formation looks amazing.

Comment

Working...
                              X