Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was that from yesterday? I took my student into BWI to introduce him to the ADIZ and class B. We got out just before it reached the field. Didn't help that we had to taxi all around the deice ramp so that we could receive ground ctl on our radio.

Comment

Yes it was yesterday. It was interesting listening to approach!
      Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by CorporateAv8r
        Yes it was yesterday. It was interesting listening to approach!
        Potomac told me to "contact bay bridge tower on 123.0 *pause* uhh.....adisory on 123.0...whatever". He was busy. Oh yeah, and PM me your phone number again, that way if I make an impromptu stop at GED I can give you a call. I go there a lot less nowadays because it is 1.1 NM short of an x/c.
        Last edited by screaming_emu; 2007-06-06, 02:41.

Comment

Great shots!
          sigpic
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

VH-OJA entering New Zealand airspace just past SASRO enroute from Melbourne to Auckland as QFA0025:

Comment

Sweet shot AJ. After I tried it I have a whole new appreciation of how hard those shots are to pull off.

Comment

Thanks Jordan.

Here's one from the trip I have just returned from:

Comment

Well, I didn't fly the planes for a living, but I thought it'd be nice to share some of the classic aircraft that are still plying their trade in the skies where I used to work. I have a few of a plane that is no longer with us that I would share, but I want to get permission from my former boss first because of the circumstances surrounding its loss.

All pictures taken in September, 2004.

The aircraft shown here is now flying with Desert Air Cargo in Alaska.

One of the features of the Convairliners I always liked was the easy access to work on the engines. Much better than on the DC-3.

Yeah, photo ID is wrong, but here's 150 getting a check done.

The crew & mechanic hack. Had the pleasure of flying this in the right seat.

The "stored" aircraft. Again, 153 is now with Desert Air Cargo. 156 is still in "storage".

The source of my avatar. All of the active aircraft were run at least once a week to keep the seals moist and all of the metalic rings and seals properly seated. One of the differences between a piston and a jet (which doesn't require this run).

A closeup of the prop. It was VERY humid that day.

Yep, these planes are USED.

I'll post some pictures of one of my jumpseat flights later.

Comment

Great, can't wait to see more of those classic birds in flight!

And amazing shot there, AJ! Love it!
                    sigpic
                    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Well, I guess one enthusiastic post is good enough for me to post again...

Anyway, here's some pictures of a jump seat flight from Rickenbacker to Charleston, WV ("Charlie West") and back subbing for the Mountain Air F-27 which was down for maintenance (it was to be replaced by an ATR-42 less than 3 months later and we ended up flying for them for almost a month).

Pulling into the FedEx Ramp

Cruising at all of 7000 feet on a very hazy day. Took a while to get there too. A full load of freight resulted in us just barely being able to make 500FPM for the climb.

The First Officer. Great guy, he also did the repair and restoration work on Bud Rude's DeHavilland Heron N82D

The Captain. Lots of Convair time, great source of information, very good stick.

Don't remember what river this is, but it's the one that is the northwestern border to West Virginia.

Descending into Charlie West in the setting sun.

I know the airport is out there somewhere. ATC said it was.

Well, at least we found the city.

Ahh, there's the airport. My first time to CRW, and that's an interesting approach. US Airways Express flies airplanes on this approach. I wonder if the passengers ever saw this view what they'd think?

Lining up

Solid final.

Little explanation - Convairs are equipped with reversible pitch propellers. The #1 propeller didn't want to "turn over" and as a result, this picture was taken with us braking hard with both engines once the #1 did finally turn over. We got stopped with plenty of runway left, but at such a heavy weight landing weight and relatively short (5,000 foot) runway, my personal pucker factor was going up even though the flight crew wasn't too concerned (it was my first jumpseat after all). I've had one more of these landings before. US Airways Express into Dayton, the pilot landed long and a bit fast and had to brake hard as well to keep from running off the end.

Taxiing into the ramp. You can see on of the WVANG C-130s off to the left.

Coming back into Columbus. I thought this was a good shot to show how the inside of the airplane is lit up at night.

Comment

Today I took a student up and flew up the Hudson river in NYC. I'll upload them here later, but for now check them out on my flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/jriegel/

Irony: It is illegal to fill up your car with gas in New Jersey...but filling your own plane with leaded fuel is just fine

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                          Today I took a student up and flew up the Hudson river in NYC. I'll upload them here later, but for now check them out on my flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/jriegel/

Irony: It is illegal to fill up your car with gas in New Jersey...but filling your own plane with leaded fuel is just fine
                          I wish the vis was that nice when I did the Hudson....both times. I've got my Twin Comanche flight today though....in about 40min too haha

Comment

Here are my pictures from work.

Amarillo ATCT

Ground Control Position

Local Control (also known as "tower")

TRACON (RADAR room)
                            My photos at JP.net

National Air Traffic Controllers Association

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu

Up in my neighborhood I see. No stop at HPN?

As for the gas, Its a good 20 cents cheaper in Jersey than NY. My dad works in Jersey and only fills his car up there!

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
                                Up in my neighborhood I see. No stop at HPN?
                                Yep, doing it again on Sunday too

Comment

Working...
                                X