Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Info - Airline

Default Bad Info - Airline

Please post your queries about Airline info here!

JPElite Member!

Default Have I overlooked something?

I have just had a rejection for “bad airline” (amongst other things) in reference to a recently taken picture of G-EMBW.

The UK Civil register shows this to be owned by FlyBe having been acquired from BA Connect as part of their recent purchase of that airline.
    http://www.caa.co.uk/application.asp...regmark=G-EMBW

Flybe is what I entered despite the fact that the aircraft is still in British Airways colours.

Should I have entered British Airways or what have I missed? Incidentally the registration is correct.

Thanks

Have you appealed the photo with that infomation? Ive seen a few photos recantly where an airliners still in its old markins but owned and uploaded under its new owners.

JPElite Member!

Quote Originally Posted by ollieholmes
    Have you appealed the photo with that infomation? Ive seen a few photos recantly where an airliners still in its old markins but owned and uploaded under its new owners.
    Ollie,

I cann't appeal it as the photo was also rejected for "dust". So I will have to find the dust spot, correct it and then reupload when I get chance later today. However my aim here was to make sure I dont get the same bad info rejection when I do.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by cja
    Ollie,

I cann't appeal it as the photo was also rejected for "dust". So I will have to find the dust spot, correct it and then reupload when I get chance later today. However my aim here was to make sure I dont get the same bad info rejection when I do.

Cheers.
    I would sort the dustspot out and resubmit it and include the infomation in the box entitled 'Comments to screeners'.

JPElite Member!

Thanks Ollie.

Flybe is correct. I actually voted to add the photo with a note to the third screener regarding our census and your remarks, however the third screener must have seen a dust spot that I didn't.

JPElite Member!

AJ

Thanks for your help. The "Eagle Eyed" third screener was quite right, there were about three tiny spots on the top edge of the picture.

Cheers.

I have some shots of Vulcan XH558 - using the autofill it gives the operator as Royal Air Force which is incorrect. I tried to use the 'add new operator' but the options given here are also not quite as the 'Vulcan to the Sky Trust' are not an airline, military or manufacturer.

Had RIAT not been cancelled this may have come up earlier but it is possible to get the operator for this fantastic aircraft corrected as there will be more shots to come from Farnborough this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by paulc
    I have some shots of Vulcan XH558 - using the autofill it gives the operator as Royal Air Force which is incorrect. I tried to use the 'add new operator' but the options given here are also not quite as the 'Vulcan to the Sky Trust' are not an airline, military or manufacturer.

Had RIAT not been cancelled this may have come up earlier but it is possible to get the operator for this fantastic aircraft corrected as there will be more shots to come from Farnborough this weekend.
    Unfortunately you are using the wrong registration. It is now G-VLCN.
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....gsearch=G-VLCN

Require a little assistance with this one.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=2031595

Is it correct uploaded as "Untitled" or should I have done it differently? Given it wears no titles I am assuming the say I have submitted it will suffice.

Hi Craig, Impulse Airlines on that one please.

The use of Untitled so freely is a.net's way, we try to list the operator.

I hope you're well!

Thanks AJ, the aircraft went straight into the QantasLink stable in QF colours but operated by Impulse. Is this why you've indicated Untitled (Impulse Airlines) as what I should use?

And, how on earth to I upload as Untitled (Impulse Airlines)? I do struggle to find info on these sort of things around here I must say.

Next time you're in town be sure to let me know, it would be good to catch up for a steak.

Will do Craig.

Nah, just "Impulse Airlines" as the airline mate.

VQ it is then. Thanks for that.

Just to clarify a few recent changes:

SAS Norge can be determined from other SAS aircraft as they only carry the Norweigian flag, not all three Scandinavian flags.

Thomson Airways is the new identity for Thomsonfly and First Choice Airways effective from November 1, 2008.

Despite numerous titles all former BA Connect aircraft are to be listed as BA CityFlyer with effect from March 2007.

I am seeking clarification for the merged Delta Air Lines. For now please upload shots as Delta Air Lines or Northwest depending on the livery worn. The US Airways/America West merger mess is still a painful memory!

As the industry continues to restructure during the downturn I'm sure there will be more changes coming!

JetX is now known as Primera Air with effect from 1 October 2008.

Hi guys,

I have some photos of N192UA and N185UA at Incheon airport where they have been sitting for some time. They are in Blue Sky colours but still have their United registrations. I'm unsure what is happening to them.

In this case, do I list them as United Airlines or Blue Sky? Furthermore, if the airline is Blue Sky, do I fill out a new airline form in the photo upload page or do I just change the airline myself?

Thanks,

Evan

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Walters View Post
    Hi guys,

I have some photos of N192UA and N185UA at Incheon airport where they have been sitting for some time. They are in Blue Sky colours but still have their United registrations. I'm unsure what is happening to them.

In this case, do I list them as United Airlines or Blue Sky? Furthermore, if the airline is Blue Sky, do I fill out a new airline form in the photo upload page or do I just change the airline myself?

Thanks,

Evan
    Please upload it as Blue Sky, which is already on the airline menu.

Thanks AJ, will do.

Evan