This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Info - Airline

Please post your queries about Airline info here!

Have I overlooked something?

I have just had a rejection for “bad airline” (amongst other things) in reference to a recently taken picture of G-EMBW.

The UK Civil register shows this to be owned by FlyBe having been acquired from BA Connect as part of their recent purchase of that airline.

Flybe is what I entered despite the fact that the aircraft is still in British Airways colours.

Should I have entered British Airways or what have I missed? Incidentally the registration is correct.

Thanks

Comment

Have you appealed the photo with that infomation? Ive seen a few photos recantly where an airliners still in its old markins but owned and uploaded under its new owners.

Comment

Originally posted by ollieholmes
        Have you appealed the photo with that infomation? Ive seen a few photos recantly where an airliners still in its old markins but owned and uploaded under its new owners.
        Ollie,

I cann't appeal it as the photo was also rejected for "dust". So I will have to find the dust spot, correct it and then reupload when I get chance later today. However my aim here was to make sure I dont get the same bad info rejection when I do.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by cja
          Ollie,

I cann't appeal it as the photo was also rejected for "dust". So I will have to find the dust spot, correct it and then reupload when I get chance later today. However my aim here was to make sure I dont get the same bad info rejection when I do.

Cheers.
          I would sort the dustspot out and resubmit it and include the infomation in the box entitled 'Comments to screeners'.

Comment

Thanks Ollie.

Comment

Flybe is correct. I actually voted to add the photo with a note to the third screener regarding our census and your remarks, however the third screener must have seen a dust spot that I didn't.

Comment

AJ

Thanks for your help. The "Eagle Eyed" third screener was quite right, there were about three tiny spots on the top edge of the picture.

Cheers.

Comment

I have some shots of Vulcan XH558 - using the autofill it gives the operator as Royal Air Force which is incorrect. I tried to use the 'add new operator' but the options given here are also not quite as the 'Vulcan to the Sky Trust' are not an airline, military or manufacturer.

Had RIAT not been cancelled this may have come up earlier but it is possible to get the operator for this fantastic aircraft corrected as there will be more shots to come from Farnborough this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by paulc
                    I have some shots of Vulcan XH558 - using the autofill it gives the operator as Royal Air Force which is incorrect. I tried to use the 'add new operator' but the options given here are also not quite as the 'Vulcan to the Sky Trust' are not an airline, military or manufacturer.

Had RIAT not been cancelled this may have come up earlier but it is possible to get the operator for this fantastic aircraft corrected as there will be more shots to come from Farnborough this weekend.
                    Unfortunately you are using the wrong registration. It is now G-VLCN.
                    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Require a little assistance with this one.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Is it correct uploaded as "Untitled" or should I have done it differently? Given it wears no titles I am assuming the say I have submitted it will suffice.

Comment

Hi Craig, Impulse Airlines on that one please.

The use of Untitled so freely is a.net's way, we try to list the operator.

I hope you're well!

Comment

Thanks AJ, the aircraft went straight into the QantasLink stable in QF colours but operated by Impulse. Is this why you've indicated Untitled (Impulse Airlines) as what I should use?

And, how on earth to I upload as Untitled (Impulse Airlines)? I do struggle to find info on these sort of things around here I must say.

Next time you're in town be sure to let me know, it would be good to catch up for a steak.

Comment

Will do Craig.

Nah, just "Impulse Airlines" as the airline mate.

Comment

VQ it is then. Thanks for that.

Comment

Working...
                              X