This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RCoulter View Post
    So would I use the form on the upload page to add it then correct?
    Yes please. If it's not already there in the d/b.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
      Yes please. If it's not already there in the d/b.
      Thanks Brian

Comment

I just want to make sure things are clear before we start seeing United titled aircraft in Contintnental colors. They should be uploaded as United Airlines (Continental Airlines), correct? This would be consistent with what has been done in the past (US Airways & America West).

Comment

I'd like to upload a photo of N1934D. There are 24 photos of it in the database, with Boeing Museum of Flight as the owner, however that name is nowhere to be found on the upload form. How should I proceed?

Comment

Originally posted by Brick View Post
            I just want to make sure things are clear before we start seeing United titled aircraft in Contintnental colors. They should be uploaded as United Airlines (Continental Airlines), correct? This would be consistent with what has been done in the past (US Airways & America West).
            Yes Mark, that is how we will do it for now.

Comment

Originally posted by bruin787 View Post
              I'd like to upload a photo of N1934D. There are 24 photos of it in the database, with Boeing Museum of Flight as the owner, however that name is nowhere to be found on the upload form. How should I proceed?
              Simply place N1934D in the autofill and the name will appear in the airline field.

Comment

http://www.jetphotos.net//viewreject_b.php?id=3400003

Hi I have just had this image rejected due to bad airline info.

This image took close to 15 days to get screened. At the time of the upload, this aircraft was not on the database, hence the reason why I put 'private' in the airline info area. During this period
                Mehdi Nazarinia had also uploaded the same aircraft/rego, but he was able to name the airline which was 'Global Flight'. It was accepted on the 17th of this month, a good nine days before mine.

As soon as I received notification that this photo was rejected I immediately wanted to correct my next submission of the same aircraft.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

However when you do a text search in the database for '
                Global Flight' it doesn't show up. How can I correct my information when the Airline is not in the database.

Shouldn't there be allowances because of this type of event if it occurs? Obviously I would have put the correct airline information with my photo I'd submitted.

Robert

Comment

Are the Janet 737's based in Las Vegas "EG&G" or "EG & G"? I see it both ways in the photo database...

Comment

Originally posted by Brick View Post
                    Are the Janet 737's based in Las Vegas "EG&G" or "EG & G"? I see it both ways in the photo database...
                    Hi Mark, I'll make it EG&G. Thanks.

Comment

Hi ya,
                      Just noticed that Air India shows up in the database as Air-India with a dash. Is this correct?
                      Regards
                      René

Comment

"Air-India" was used until 2005. After 2005, the company dropped the hypen: http://www.thehindubusinessline.in/2...0902800900.htm

Comment

What should be used for the airline field of TWA aircraft that were appearing in AA colors/TWA titles in 2001-2002 with "Operated by American Airlines" on the fuselage? For example:

American Airlines (TWA)?
                          American Airlines (Trans World Airlines)?
                          American Airlines (Trans World Airlines (TWA))?
                          Trans World Airlines (TWA)?
                          Last edited by Brick; 2011-05-27, 02:18. Reason: Corrected typo.

Comment

Hi Mark,
                            Technically it would be Branding (Operator);
                            So Trans World Airlines (American Airlines).

Comment

So it should be Air India rather than Air-India, will the auto fill database be changed to reflect this, or should i do it manually when uploading?
                              Regards
                              René

Comment

Please continue to use Air-India. We don't consider the dropping of the hyphen enough to make two separate airlines as this will confuse searches and menu selections.

Comment

Working...
                                X