This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AJ View Post
    Please continue to use Air-India. We don't consider the dropping of the hyphen enough to make two separate airlines as this will confuse searches and menu selections.
    Thanks for clarifying
    Regards
    René

Comment

Portugal - Civil Protection

Sorry for having posted the former message in the wrong forum ...

I recently (today) had 2 rejected pictures for "Bad Info : Airline" (for one of them there is also a "too much dead space" but this is not the problem).

Here are the pictures.

and

I also have another one in the screening queue and I am afraid it will also be rejected for same reason.

The airline I mentionned is : Portugal - Civil Protection

There is a round sticker on both helicopters with "DECIF'11" (which is for "Departamento Regional de Proteccao Civil" and "Proteccao Civil" is clearly mentionned on the 2nd one.

Could anyone explain me where I am wrong with the airline please ?

Thanks for your assistance.

Have a nice evening.

Comment

I think I found the answer.

Both are owned by Agrarflug Helilift but are (or have been) operated by "Dispositivo Espacial de Combate a Incendios Florestais or DECIF", a division of the Portugal Civil Protection.

Sorry for the mistake.

Comment

I'm curious as to Gulfstream Airlines now. I have some shots of N81533 on my BIL-SDY flights and wondering if it's still how it is in the db as Continental Connection or Silver Airways.
          Thanks!

Comment

From 15 December 2011 it should be Silver Airways.

Comment

Alrighty, thanks AJ! I'll switch it up.

Comment

XO jet?
                XOjet?
                XO Jet?
                XOJET?

Comment

I uploaded this: http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=3909005 as "Untitled", should it be "Private" instead even though it's a NetJets aircraft?

Comment

Originally posted by RCoulter View Post
                    I uploaded this: http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=3909005 as "Untitled", should it be "Private" instead even though it's a NetJets aircraft?
                    If it's a Netjet's aircraft then it should be uploaded as NetJets Aviation. Don't forget biz jet category.
                    Last edited by Mr Chips; 2012-07-14, 01:01. Reason: correcting grammar

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Chips View Post
                      If it's a Netjet's aircraft then it should be uploaded as NetJets Aviation. Don't forget biz jet category.
                      Done and I didn't, thanks Dave!

Comment

This is a new one for me.

While the photo this comment was attached to was rejected for being soft (no big deal), the airline was also not in the database at the time I uploaded and as such I received the following screener comment:

You will have to wait for "XU Aviation" to be added and then upload.

What exactly does that even mean? Do I have to wait for another photographer to successfully upload a shot first? Or does something need to be done on the admin side? As I wrote at the time, I attempted to add "XU Aviation" as a new airline and the system told me it was already in the queue for approval or something like that. What is involved with the process of "approving" a new airline?

Comment

New airlines can be added following the link on the upload page.

Comment

Originally posted by Brick View Post
                            XO jet?
                            XOjet?
                            XO Jet?
                            XOJET?

According to their website they're known as XOJET.
                            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

F**k it. Note to self...check the database first.

.....but, in my defense their wesite does say this... http://www.xojet.com/
                                If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
                                X