This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brick View Post
    I just want to make sure things are clear before we start seeing United titled aircraft in Contintnental colors. They should be uploaded as United Airlines (Continental Airlines), correct? This would be consistent with what has been done in the past (US Airways & America West).
    I know I am quoting an old post, but I have a similar question. I submitted a photograph of N185UW, which is owned by American Airlines but is still in US Airways colors. What should I put for the airline? I submitted it as American Airlines and now I am wondering if I should change it. There is no choice in the menu for American Airlines (US Airways).

Comment

US Airways pls
      “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

What is the correct airlinename for TF-FIU (and all other Icelandair aircraft) Icelandair or Loftleiđir Icelandic? Both are in the db.

Comment

Icelandair. She was operated once by Lofleider. Thats why there are two airlines in the dbase.

Erwin

Comment

First post, so I hope I am in the correct area for this question.
            Twice now I have had a photo of a new (hot) helicopter VH-EXH rejected for Bad Info: Airline. Also rejected for unlevel, but that is another story. (RejectID: 5422770)
            Back on the 22nd of June a similar helicopter, VH-EXA, was accepted as "hot" with Airline: Untitled. (id 830231
            But with VH-EXH, Airline: Untitled has been rejected. I since found out the operator is ESSO Australia, but it is not marked as such.
            Nor is ESSO Australia, or any ESSO, in any dropdown menu.
            In my appeals I asked for clarification for both reasons (CW or CCW required? and which category should have been quoted) but no answer was given.
            Hopefully someone here can. Thank you.

Comment

It should be uploaded as Private. The other one accepted with Untitled is our fault. Untitled is rarely used for stored aircraft etc. Or aircraft who just left service with an airline and lost her titles.

I will correct VH-EXA to Private.
              Last edited by ErwinS; 2016-08-05, 11:06.

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by GeoCan View Post
                First post, so I hope I am in the correct area for this question.
                Twice now I have had a photo of a new (hot) helicopter VH-EXH rejected for Bad Info: Airline. Also rejected for unlevel, but that is another story. (RejectID: 5422770)
                Back on the 22nd of June a similar helicopter, VH-EXA, was accepted as "hot" with Airline: Untitled. (id 830231
                But with VH-EXH, Airline: Untitled has been rejected. I since found out the operator is ESSO Australia, but it is not marked as such.
                Nor is ESSO Australia, or any ESSO, in any dropdown menu.
                In my appeals I asked for clarification for both reasons (CW or CCW required? and which category should have been quoted) but no answer was given.
                Hopefully someone here can. Thank you.
                Untitled is only used when there are no markings on the aircraft and exhaustive searching cannot find an owner or last operator. It is generally only used for airliners.
                General aviation, including helicopters should be listed as private. If the owner/operator is not listed then you need to use the form linked to in the upload page to request that it be added. Once it is added you can upload. You won't have to wait long as I and other seniors generally visit the upload pages several times a day.
                Finally, where is the best place to ask a question ? Well, not in an appeal. That is for when you simply don't agree with the rejection. The right place is, well, right here where we are now in the forums.
                Last edited by brianw999; 2016-08-05, 08:44.
                If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Thank you Erwin and Brian. Appreciate the quick and detailed response.
                  Cheers,
                  George

Comment

All,

Just had these two rejected for BadInfo - Airline.

All recent uploads of these A/C use TUIfly as the airline, has there been a change in regards to TUIfly specifically?

Thanks!

Comment

Both have been added

Comment

Sorry wrong topic. Placed it in the correct topic.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I got a quick question, hopefully somebody can help me. I want to upload two new photos of some new Columbia Helicopters. The problem is, when I try to look up Columbia Helicopters, that airline doesn't show up on the airline menu, even tough there are photos of the airline in the database. Should I fill out a new airline or what do you advise?

Thanks,

David

Comment

You can request it indeed.

Erwin

Comment

Thanks Buddy, I appreciated it!

Comment

Dear Community

I have a question about the airline of the aircrafts HB-SGN, HB-SGO, HB-SGP, HB-SGR and HB-SGS.
                                Since 01.01.2017, the new flightshool of Lufthansa and Swiss is called European Flight Academy. The former name was SWISS Aviation Training. Since January 2017, the aircrafts are registered for a company called Lufthansa Aviation Training Switzerland according to the FOCA website.
                                What is the new airline for these aircrafts? Is it according to the livery (Swiss Aviation Training) or the owner of the aircrafts (Lufthansa Aviation Training Switzerland) or the brand name of the school (European Flight Academy)?

Thanks and best regards

Comment

Working...
                                X