X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all,

The following photo was rejected due to bad info:
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Now from what I can gather, the registration on the plane is correct, however I'm struggling to find out who the operator was at the time the photo was taken. Caspian airlines is an airline which crops up when I search for this registration but Planespotters.net and multiple other websites don't indicate that they operate it. Furthermore considering it is still in IIAF, I figured its best to go with what it was previous owner. Any assistance will be appreciated!

Comment

• Caspian it is
      “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

• Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
        Caspian it is
        This gets interesting the more I delve into it! Its previous registration is 5-8101 (based on the 101 on the front of the fuselage) but when I search for that reg, EP-AJT comes up. Furthermore, on various photo and reg databases I've seen, searching for the line number brings up 19667/5 which is mostly associated with EP-AJT. Now, in the photo, EP-CQB is clearly the registration and the 101 is clearly visible on the front of the aircraft. So my questions are:

1. Is there incorrect information about 5-8101? Is 5-8101 associated with EP-AJT or is EP-AJT a registration applied to this bird before/after the photo was taken (in May 2015)

2. At what point did the registration EP-CQB (the reg of the plane in the photo) pop up and was it really registered to caspian airlines?

3. Was this registration change temporary in order to disguise the aircraft's real identity and owner?

4. What C/N and airline should I use?

I hope this mystery is solvable!

Comment

• Hello!

Sikorsky HSS-1 Seabat from Brussels Museum comes with two registrations on JP:
          JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

View photos of OT-ZKF/OTZKF. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Which should be correct?

EDIT:
          There is also discrepancy with Bristol Bolingbroke IVT:

https://www.jetphotos.com/registration/10038
          (second reg is false, but A/C is painted like that)

Comment

• EP-AJT is ex 5-8101 c/n 19667
            EP-CQB is ex 5-8101(2) c/n 19668
            Last edited by ErwinS; 2017-04-19, 14:45.

Erwin

Comment

• B6 for the Seabat and 9895 for the Bolingbroke. The incorrect ones are fixed.

Erwin

Comment

• Hi,

Can I get some help on what I did wrong here - https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5826709

I remember C/N was auto filled as P-40, but pic was rejected for 'Bad Info: Serial Number/CN'

Regards,
                Siddarth

Comment

• It seems the cn was indeed missing. Will check autofill

Erwin

Comment

• Dear, someone can help me with this one?

I would say it's a Boeing 737-400 but need support to be more precise.
                    Registration is C5-MAG.
                    The painted airline looks to be Mid Africa Aviation but it's written operated by Tarco on the plane so what should be the airline?
                    What about the exact Aircraft type / Serial Number ?
                    Thank you for your help

Comment

• Indeed a 734. I cant find any id yet. If you want to upload just leave a remark that the cn is not known at this time.

Erwin

Comment

• Thank you Erwin,
                        What is your opinion about the airline ?
                        From the livery it's obviously "Mid Africa Aviation" but it's written in small "operated by Tarco".
                        Should I use "Tarco Air" which actually looks like this https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8599498
                        Or should I use Mid Africa Aviation"?
                        PS: I know there's another post for "Airlines" but I believe it makes sense to continue the discussion here ...
                        Thank you again and kind regards

Comment

• Mid Africa is fine. Dont know if it's in the dbase yet. So you can request it if not.

Erwin

Comment

• I accepted the airline earlier this evening but it is not showing in the database yet.
                            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Dear both,
                              The plane is online https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8605878
                              I will follow up from time to time this page but if I would miss the information about the CN, please do not hesitate to contact me directly or feel free to update the CN and exact 737-400 type directly by yourself.
                              Thank you again for your understanding and your support.
                              Kind regards

Comment

• Hi,

What should be the CN for this aircraft? I had entered '1557' by hand - https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5945550. If this was not present during time of screening, this is the third time that this is happening. It seems to happen sporadically for military aircraft whose data is manually entered.

Regards,
                                Siddarth

Comment

Working...
                                X