Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Bad Info - Aircraft / Registration / Serial Number

Thank you Erwin,
    What is your opinion about the airline ?
    From the livery it's obviously "Mid Africa Aviation" but it's written in small "operated by Tarco".
    Should I use "Tarco Air" which actually looks like this https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8599498
    Or should I use Mid Africa Aviation"?
    PS: I know there's another post for "Airlines" but I believe it makes sense to continue the discussion here ...
    Thank you again and kind regards

Mid Africa is fine. Dont know if it's in the dbase yet. So you can request it if not.
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

I accepted the airline earlier this evening but it is not showing in the database yet.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Dear both,
    The plane is online https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8605878
    I will follow up from time to time this page but if I would miss the information about the CN, please do not hesitate to contact me directly or feel free to update the CN and exact 737-400 type directly by yourself.
    Thank you again for your understanding and your support.
    Kind regards

Hi,

What should be the CN for this aircraft? I had entered '1557' by hand - https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5945550. If this was not present during time of screening, this is the third time that this is happening. It seems to happen sporadically for military aircraft whose data is manually entered.

Regards,
    Siddarth

Hi everybody,

I'm a newbee here and want to point two details that make me a little bit clueless. First of all several of my uploads have been rejected but that's not the point. The reasons are the point...

To make it short:
    Is it not welcome here to correct the data base or bring it up to date when there are wrong or confusing entries?
    One of the rejection reasons was "bad data" or "unvalid data" because the screener on duty didn't know it better - hell no, an appropriate correction/update has been rejected... - wtf? The current entry is a true/false...

Correct db-entries simplify uploads and information for all users. Today I noticed a wrong callsign on FR24 because this callsign was a non-standard for the heli and non-standard for the flight but registration belonging to the aircraft hasn't been displayed on that flight that was definetely not conducted by that callsign tracked and shown there. The reason for this misinformation is a wrong db-entry that apparently hasn't been corrected... A fail due to wrong and never updated db-entry done by a clumsy and busy spotter...

Second thing is the difference between airline and general aviation. To me it's the company, scheduled operations and licenced personnel CPL/ATPL and in doubt an AOC. Why are companies listed as GA here? May be it's a common sense here, to me it's confusing because I'm active on both sides for several years now.

HeliService and Heli Service are definetely wrong or as you say here "bad info" or "unvalid data" - whatever. The companys correct name is HeliService International and it's commercial...

Regards Andreas

Welcome Andreas,

Since your post is a bit hard to understand. If it's about bad info rejects you had pls show the link.

And you are free to send in corrections.
    No need to call other uploaders clumsy or whatsoever.

Erwin

Quote Originally Posted by Siddarth.Bhandary View Post
    Hi,

What should be the CN for this aircraft? I had entered '1557' by hand - https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5945550. If this was not present during time of screening, this is the third time that this is happening. It seems to happen sporadically for military aircraft whose data is manually entered.

Regards,
    Siddarth
    The cn is correct. If it is missing double check that its filled in before hitting upload.

Erwin

Quote Originally Posted by ErwinS View Post
    Welcome Andreas,

Since your post is a bit hard to understand. If it's about bad info rejects you had pls show the link.

And you are free to send in corrections.
    No need to call other uploaders clumsy or whatsoever.
    Hoi Erwin,

(1) what is hard to understand when a correction/update is offered and the reply says "bad info - entry is already existant" Is a database including wrong entries untouchable? Why are reality based updates not welcome and be screened/rejected after being judged wrong?
    The screener rejecting such an update is also free to check the reliability of such an information before accepting it for db. But rejecting without checking is ridiculous...
    I have no link, got the "screening result" for new airline via mail and deleted it after reading and accepting the strange news.

(2) Experienced spotters should know the system for flightnumbers of certain companies due to daily engagement. So everybody can expect correct entries given by this buddies. Pics with bad informations are accepted here and being in use on FR24! Everybody watching the live tracker gets mislead by this information. So the one uploading pics should think a few seconds before push the button. That's clumsy when not doing so...
    When not knowing the system or the very flightnumber leave it away and choose n/a or simply take the registration...

Regards Andreas

Quote Originally Posted by bluebee View Post
    Hoi Erwin,

(1) what is hard to understand when a correction/update is offered and the reply says "bad info - entry is already existant" Is a database including wrong entries untouchable? Why are reality based updates not welcome and be screened/rejected after being judged wrong?
    The screener rejecting such an update is also free to check the reliability of such an information before accepting it for db. But rejecting without checking is ridiculous...
    I have no link, got the "screening result" for new airline via mail and deleted it after reading and accepting the strange news.

(2) Experienced spotters should know the system for flightnumbers of certain companies due to daily engagement. So everybody can expect correct entries given by this buddies. Pics with bad informations are accepted here and being in use on FR24! Everybody watching the live tracker gets mislead by this information. So the one uploading pics should think a few seconds before push the button. That's clumsy when not doing so...
    When not knowing the system or the very flightnumber leave it away and choose n/a or simply take the registration...

Regards Andreas
    Which new airline was rejected then?

And I don't get you point about flightnumbers. We at JP do nothing with that.
    Maybe you can show an example.

Erwin

Quote Originally Posted by ErwinS View Post
    The cn is correct. If it is missing double check that its filled in before hitting upload.
    The CN was present as '1557' when I hit the upload button! I had entered it manually. As I mentioned this is the third time that I have faced this issue where the CN was present when I uploaded, but somehow was missing when pic came up for screening. Just wondering if there could be a sporadic bug. But also to note that in majority of cases where CN was entered manually it has worked just fine. I will upload the pic again, but since it has happened a couple of times, wanted to bring it to the attention of the crew.

Regards.
    Sid

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewreject_b.php?id=6000704

I'm confused as to how this registration is wrong/bad info.

My guess: you typed in zero instead of letter "O".

Been there, done that

Quote Originally Posted by glidescopeAviation View Post

Quote Originally Posted by pawelm View Post
    My guess: you typed in zero instead of letter "O".

Been there, done that

Correct! The reg is A4O-DF, not A40-DF
    like here: https://www.jetphotos.com/showphotos...gsearch=A4O-DF

Quote Originally Posted by glidescopeAviation View Post

That it is auto hot is a straight giveaway. Its not a new frame for jp.

Erwin

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/keyword/B-6967
    This airplane cn will automatically become 5419 / TJ119, but 5419 is already possible

Quote Originally Posted by Hin Volvo View Post
    https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/keyword/B-6967
    This airplane cn will automatically become 5419 / TJ119, but 5419 is already possible
    Thanks, she is corrected now.

Erwin

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/keyword/B-6478
    B-6478 models should be Airbus A319-115, not Airbus A319-115 (CJ) ~~~

And also corrected

Erwin

I wanted to add these aircraft type in the link below but I failed and it's not in the database. Someone can add it or has a hint?

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinqu...umberTxt=369TP
    Manufacturer Name SCHLEY JAMES R
    Model S-7S RANS
    Type Aircraft Fixed Wing Single-Engine