This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Buckenham

I have some photos taken at EGSV Old Buckenham UK that i would like to upload but the airport finder gives EGSV as Bedford and Old Buckenham is not on the list. I have checked the CAA website and EGSV is Old Buckenham not Bedford. How do i go about filling in the location details

MTIA Newdawn

Comment

Originally posted by newdawn View Post
      I have some photos taken at EGSV Old Buckenham UK that i would like to upload but the airport finder gives EGSV as Bedford and Old Buckenham is not on the list. I have checked the CAA website and EGSV is Old Buckenham not Bedford. How do i go about filling in the location details

MTIA Newdawn
      I've fixed it for you.

Comment

Quote:
        Originally Posted by newdawn

MTIA Newdawn

I've fixed it for you.

Thank you AJ

Comment

ICAO code for the following Indonesian airports have changed:

Banjarmasin - now WAOO
          Balikpapan - now WALL.

Could these be changed to the correct codes please.

Comment

Originally posted by McG View Post
            ICAO code for the following Indonesian airports have changed:

Banjarmasin - now WAOO
            Balikpapan - now WALL.

Could these be changed to the correct codes please.
            Sure.

Comment

What is the correct protocol when the name of the airport is unknown?

I stumbled across what is clearly an airfield in the town of Limerick, ME and took a few shots of the two planes on the field. The problem is, the airport isn't depicted on any sectionals or maps as even being an airport. I've done a whole lot of searching and I can't find anything.

You can clearly see the airport here: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...22724&t=h&z=16

I've uploaded the photos as "Other Location" for now, will that result in a BadInfo rejection?

Comment

No, 'Other Location' and then the town name is fine.

Comment

Nice find!

Originally posted by KPWM View Post
                  What is the correct protocol when the name of the airport is unknown?

I stumbled across what is clearly an airfield in the town of Limerick, ME and took a few shots of the two planes on the field. The problem is, the airport isn't depicted on any sectionals or maps as even being an airport. I've done a whole lot of searching and I can't find anything.

You can clearly see the airport here: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...22724&t=h&z=16

I've uploaded the photos as "Other Location" for now, will that result in a BadInfo rejection?

Comment

Just want to make sure this should not be a "Ramp" shot:

Comment

Correct: it's not a ramp shot.

cheerio
                      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                        Correct: it's not a ramp shot.

cheerio
                        Thanks for the quick reply Gerardo.

Comment

Hi,

The airfield of Marburg-Schoenstadt in Germany has the ICAO-Code EDFN. The database gives it as EDFU.

The airfield of Mainbullau has the ICAO-Code EDFU, but the database gives it as EDFN.

Seems these two airfields have been mixed up. Could you please fix it?

Thanks!

Lutz

Comment

What location should I enter?

Hi,

Just got the following picture rejected on 'wrong location/country':

I was at EBLG when I took the picture and the plane was overflying. I'm not sure how to upload this picture, as 'international airspace' and 'in flight' was rejected (which is understandable now I come to think of it).

What would be the proper way to upload this picture?

Thank you in advance for your kind help.

Matthew Lima

Comment

Since you were at EBLG that would be the right info if I am correct.
                              “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
                                Since you were at EBLG that would be the right info if I am correct.
                                I thought so in the first place and then hesitated because the plane wasn't departing nor arriving there.

Comment

Working...
                                X