No announcement yet.

Delta's 2007 Color list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stopped by the hangar this morning. Two more Song 757s are now in the new colors, but their registrations were taped over. Also - N710TW is on site now with winglets and will go in for paint along with N721TW, which arrived yesterday.

Comment

Looking at those regos, can you confirm that DL will now indeed be getting 15 ex-TW 757s? N721TW seems out of sequence.
      Last edited by DAL767-400ER; 2007-11-17, 16:55.

Comment

I have no idea. Maybe one of our friends over at Delta can help. I don't work for Delta.

I wish I worked for Delta
        AVL to ATL and CVG on Delta

My virtual airline is located here.

Comment

The registrations are not coming in any logical chronological order. They are hitting ATL pavement as their AA leases expire.

We are aquiring 10 757-2Q8s from ILFC. Three additional birds are still under negotiation with Pegasus.

Their regs are: N702TW, N703TW, N704X, N706TW, N707TW, N709TW, N710TW, N713TW, N721TW. All of these aircraft have been delivered now.

We are also aquiring a number (exact number not finalized) of used MD-90s from a China carrier.

Comment

Originally posted by flynavy
            We are also aquiring a number (exact number not finalized) of used MD-90s from a China carrier.
            So that deal is finally coming through? Seems that one has been under discussion for quite a long time already. If those are the MD-90s that CZ acquired through taking over China Northern Airlines, we're talking 11 MD-90s here (and hopefully at least 22 CRJs that will leave the fleet after the MD-90s arrive). Sure wouldn't mind if DL were to go after Saudi's MD-90s as well. I know, lots of differences to DL's MD-90s, but we're talking quite a sizeable fleet here.

Comment

Do you know weather those MD-90s will be used here in Salt Lake City or in Atlanta or Cincinatti. Currently they only have 16, how many are they trying to aquire?
              Will C.

Comment

As mentioned in the previous reply, 11 jets. They could likely end up in SLC to replace 738s on a few routes to free those up for other routes, and also LAX, to let DL add mainline capacity and really get going with their LAX expansion.

Comment

Add N858MJ http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...6103693&nseq=0 to the list. As well as N6704.
                  John Poshepny

If the Wright brother were alive today Wilbur would have to fire Orville to reduce costs.— Herb Kelleher, Southwest Airlines, 'USA Today,' 1994

Comment

This is on the right track. We're opening up a LAX 737-800 pilot base and some frames will be realigned to LAX to compensate. The idea is to not draw down any SLC operations in the process hence the addition of MD-90s.

Comment

N6713Y rolled out in new colors today.

Comment

This is on the right track. We're opening up a LAX 737-800 pilot base and some frames will be realigned to LAX to compensate. The idea is to not draw down any SLC operations in the process hence the addition of MD-90s.
                        So is this going to be a trade of 22 RJ's for 11 MD-90's? I would assume the RJ's would be the 50 Seaters?
                        John Poshepny

If the Wright brother were alive today Wilbur would have to fire Orville to reduce costs.— Herb Kelleher, Southwest Airlines, 'USA Today,' 1994

Comment

I can't speak of RJ operations unfortunately. I just know that we have made a deal for the MD-90s that is close to being finalized. I believe they're from China Southern, a deal that was eased with that carrier's recent entrance into Skyteam.

In the end, CRJ/ERJ airframes are cycled around between regional carriers so often - so much that who would actually notice 22 RJs being retired? I sure wouldn't. But I wouldn't mind seeing MD-90s return to places like Billings, MT - a reality will should see in the near future.

It's a win-win - you guys get to put more registrations under the "MD-90" section of your new livery tracker!

Comment

In the end, CRJ/ERJ airframes are cycled around between regional carriers so often - so much that who would actually notice 22 RJs being retired?
                            Only folks that spend half their lifetime on AirFleets . Though in the overall scheme of things, it should become noticeable soon. 22 CRJs (hopefully) being replaced by MD-90s, Comair replacing a further 14 CRJs with CR9s, that's 36 CRJs possibly heading out, that's already quit a percentage of the CRJ fleet (obviously not including the larger and more efficient CR7s and CR9s).

Comment

I'll add N848MJ, N6713Y and N6704. I do not know anything about the MD-90s.

I wish I worked for Delta
                              AVL to ATL and CVG on Delta

My virtual airline is located here.

Comment

Originally posted by AVLWATCHER
                                I'll add N848MJ, N6713Y and N6704. I do not know anything about the MD-90s.
                                I wouldn't expect you to being born in 1992 and all.

Comment

Working...
                                X