Clear All

• Dices are rolled
    Thanks for visiting
    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
    *JetPhotos*
    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Tanner_J
      It was funny, that's why millions of people laughed...except you.
      Can you prove that?

Originally posted by Leftseat86
      Mach .80 and .85 aren't very far apart.
      The maximum speed of the A345 is Mach .86 and the cruising speed of the B788 is Mach .85, so I would say that both aircraft cruising speeds must be even closer than that.

Regards.
      TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

• I was there and thought it was funny and timed well. The guy has been in aviation and at Boeing for 30 or more years, he's earned his right to poke a bit fun at his competition in public.

Comment

• i wonder if it would have more or less sales it it kept it 7E7 look, u guys thoughts?

yes i am a boeing fan, and i know thats a airbus, haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerrycobra Boeing
            i wonder if it would have more or less sales it it kept it 7E7 look, u guys thoughts?
            As long as the economic performance reminded the same I don't see any effect in sales based on what it looked like. In person the plane does look very much like the orginal desgin minus the tail. The wing shape and how it flexs even on the ground is amazing.

Comment

• Air & Cosmos today's edition

And some more picturess

Last edited by uy707; 2007-07-13, 13:41.
              Thanks for visiting
              *JetPhotos*
              Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerrycobra Boeing
                i wonder if it would have more or less sales it it kept it 7E7 look, u guys thoughts?
                No, because airlines buy planes based on economics, not on looks. Otherwise the Sonic Cruiser would currently have 2000 orders and the A380 still zero .

Comment

• Originally posted by tommyalf
                  I was there and thought it was funny and timed well. The guy has been in aviation and at Boeing for 30 or more years, he's earned his right to poke a bit fun at his competition in public.
                  Do you think it's good manners to make fun of a competitor citing its name in public and in front of customer airlines' executives, which most of them are also Airbus customers and some have even ordered the A350XWB too?

Would you find it "funny" if during the rollout of the A380, Leahy had asked Forgeard "so what was the biggest aircraft you have flown so far?" who in turn would answer " a midget Boeing 747"?

Regards.

www.flytap.com

Comment

• Originally posted by TAP-A343
                    Do you think it's good manners to make fun of a competitor citing its name in public and in front of customer airlines' executives, which most of them are also Airbus customers and some have even ordered the A350XWB too?

Would you find it "funny" if during the rollout of the A380, Leahy had asked Forgeard "so what was the biggest aircraft you have flown so far?" who in turn would answer " a midget Boeing 747"?

Regards.
                    absolutely. Unbunch your panties or else we'll have to do some moderation. More talk about the 787 rollout, less complaining.

Comment

• Geez that photo would be rejected here at JP. Part of the aircraft is cutoff / missing. (#1 engine badly cropped)
                      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

• Originally posted by tommyalf
                        As long as the economic performance reminded the same I don't see any effect in sales based on what it looked like. In person the plane does look very much like the orginal desgin minus the tail. The wing shape and how it flexs even on the ground is amazing.
                        I think the tail is a nice compromise between a 7E7 and the classic Boeing tail. I like the gentle curve at the top. Even though the 7E7 design was more radical. Obviously there were good reasons for going with what we're seeing as the final product.
                        Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

• Originally posted by screaming_emu
                          absolutely. Unbunch your panties or else we'll have to do some moderation. More talk about the 787 rollout, less complaining.
                          First, I was talking about the 787 rollout so I was not off-topic.

Second, there's no rule in these forums that prevents me from complaining while expressing my opinion.

Finally, it's you who needs moderation in your words because what I do with my panties is none of your business.

Regards.

www.flytap.com

Comment

• I've been away, take a guess at what the first thing I did when I got home...

ALl I can say is she's beautiful. The computer images only do so much. What a gorgeous plane. Hopefully I'll get a chance to fly her one day.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingPhotog
                              Geez that photo would be rejected here at JP. Part of the aircraft is cutoff / missing. (#1 engine badly cropped)
                              To their credits they probably took on what they could to get in deadlines with the edition !!!
                              Thanks for visiting
                              *JetPhotos*
                              Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
                              X