The Most Functional English Word

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Most Functional English Word

Well, pupils, scholars, learners - whatever you decide to call yourself - here is todays English lesson.

What is the most functional English word ?

Well, it's shit ... that's right, shit!
    Shit may just be the most functional word in the English language.

You can smoke shit, buy shit, sell shit, lose shit, find shit, forget shit, and tell others to eat shit.

Some people know their shit, while others can't tell the difference between shit and shineola.

There are lucky shits, dumb shits, and crazy shits. There is bull shit, horse shit, and chicken shit.
    You can throw shit, sling shit, catch shit, shoot the shit, or duck when the shit hits the fan.

You can give a shit or serve shit on a shingle.

You can find yourself in deep shit or be happier than a pig in shit.

Some days are colder than shit, some days are hotter than shit, and some days are just plain shitty.

Some music sounds like shit, things can look like shit, and there are times when you feel like shit.

You can have too much shit, not enough shit, the right shit, the wrong shit or a lot of weird shit.

You can carry shit, have a mountain of shit, or find yourself up shit creek without a paddle.

Sometimes everything you touch turns to shit and other times you fall in a bucket of shit and come out smelling like a rose.

When you stop to consider all the facts, it's the basic building block of the English language.

And remember, once you know your shit, you don't need to know anything else!!

You could pass this along, if you give a shit; or not do so if you don't give a shit!

Well, Shit, it's time for me to go. Just wanted you to know that I do give a shit and hope you had a nice day, without a bunch of shit. But, if you happened to catch a load of shit from some shit-head...........

Well, Shit Happens!!!
    RobB

LMAO, just made my day Rob! And yes today is a shit day .
    E-Mail Me - My Photo's - My Photographer Profile

Comment

That's some funny shit, LMAO

Comment

there is one for fuck as well.
        My photos on J.net

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Maier
          there is one for fuck as well.
          ha, ha - if ever you get hold of a recording of one Ivor Biggins who is/was an English commedian doing his stuff in what we would classify as "working men's pubs" (in the UK, Newcastle and such) - he has a skit on "The English Language" and commences with the immortal "There are seven words you cannot say on television"............

Of course he expands on that cornerstone of the English language, the word "F_ _ K" as in "Sheriff, I'm gonna F......"
          RobB

Comment

LMAO!! Simply a blast!!

Thanks a lot!!

Gerardo
            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Following on from Rob's degree course in English...I posted this on an ambulance oriented site and raised a giggle or two. Not mine I hasten to add, I nicked it from someone else.

For some time many of us have wondered just who is Jack Schitt? We find ourselves at a loss when someone says, 'You don't know Jack Schitt!'

Well, thanks to my genealogy efforts,....and ability to steal from another site !.......you can now respond in an intellectual way.

Jack Schitt is the only son of Awe Schitt. Awe Schitt, the fertilizer magnate, married O. Schitt, the owner of Needeep N. Schitt, Inc. They had one son, Jack.

In turn, Jack Schitt married Noe Schitt. The deeply religious couple produced six children: Holie Schitt, Giva Schitt, Fulla Schitt, Bull Schitt, and the twins Deep Schitt and Dip Schitt.
              Against her parents' objections, Deep Schitt married Dumb Schitt, a high school dropout.

After being married 15 years, Jack and Noe Schitt divorced. Noe Schitt later married Ted Sherlock, and because her kids were living with them, she wanted to keep her previous name. She was then known as Noe Schitt Sherlock.

Meanwhile, Dip Schitt married Loda Schitt, and they produced a son with a rather nervous disposition named Chicken Schitt. Two of the other six children, Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt, were inseparable throughout childhood and subsequently married the Happens brothers in a dual ceremony. The wedding announcement in the newspaper announced the
              Schitt-Happens nuptials. The Schitt-Happens children were Dawg, Byrd,and Horse.

Bull Schitt, the prodigal son, left home to tour the world. He recently returned from Italy with his new Italian bride, Pisa Schitt.

Now when someone says, 'You don't know Jack Schitt,' you can correct
              them.

Sincerely,
              Crock O. Schitt

If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

BRILLIANT again!!

My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I'm a Dad with two teenage daughters so I'm just "full of shit".

Comment

Kind of like the F word...lots of F word in the link
                    http://www.funlol.com/funpages/historyoffword.html

Comment

Working...
                    X