Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Plane Question

hi everyone,
    i have a Mac G5 and intend on purchasing X-Plane this fall. i was wondering if there are any other options for the MAC that i could consider. i would also like to know what else i can purchase accessory wise(pedals, throttle, control stick) for under $150. thanks for any help!

-Chris

For under 150 you can get a decent amount...Joysticks run between 20 and 150 (the upper level ones including a seperate throttle system), I wouldnt use FS without a Joystick and some kind of throttle (most come with a throttle, even if its a little wheel)...rudder peddals start at around 90 (most joysticks twist for the rudder)...a full yoke will run around 150, Im probably getting this: http://saitek.com/uk/prod/yoke.htm with the throttle. I can't wait. hope this helps!

Comment

just looked at it and it appears to only work with windows. i am currently running Mac OS 10.3.9.

-Chris

Comment

You can build a realistsic verison of pedals and yoke and even throttles, spending around $50 for materials. All you need is time and effort and some skills. There are sites taht tell you how. In fact I am going to build a 767 throttle as soon as I get some free time .The home build ones should work with any system i think...

Throttle:

http://www.simpits.org/articles/thro...throtquad.html

And these are the prices for the material I used:
        1 15 pin plug1.5 Euro
        2 m of 10 wire shielded cable2.5 Euro
        3 trim pots 200 K linear (for the hangrips)3.9 Euro
        2 trim pots 100 K linear2.6 Euro
        4 switches6.0 Euro
        some wood 4.0 Euro
        some tin4.0 Euro
        some screws, nuts etc...2.0 Euro
        some paint, glue cable...3.0 Euro
        Total
        30.00 Euro = ~ $30 US

Comment

Originally posted by z740
          just looked at it and it appears to only work with windows. i am currently running Mac OS 10.3.9.

-Chris
          Hmmm...there are plenty of X-Plane forums, including an official one most likely. Theyd probably be able to help you more than I can. Im a PC/MSFS guy.

Comment

thanks for the help guys! i will probably join the X-Plane forum at x-plane.org. you have to join anyway to be able to download A/C.

-Chris

Comment

X plane's graphics can get annoying and it's not very user friendly imo, but it's a pretty nice sim. I have to say that, I didn't find their default 172 to be as realistic as everyone said it would be. But everybody's going to have their own opinion about what "realistic" really is.

Comment

Working...
              X