Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can improve my photo so it gets added?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Thanks for your help. As, you said there are a few dust spots and the color is a little dull. Is there anyway I could more color in photoshop and possibly get rid of those dust spots.

Comment

Originally posted by rohank4284
      Hi,

Thanks for your help. As, you said there are a few dust spots and the color is a little dull. Is there anyway I could more color in photoshop and possibly get rid of those dust spots.
      not sure of the exact tools cause i don't have PS but you adjust the saturation to your liking. and use the cloning tool to get rid of the dust spots.

-Chris

Comment

I think you'll find it will be rejected for backlit. Anything with the tailfin casting a shadow on the fuselage normally gets that rejection.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Keep up the photography, the photos are getting better. Its good that you are listening to the advice we give and taking it on, in time you will be producing photos that are accepted here. We all started at the same place, im not ashamed to say that your photos are alot better than my first attempts. The camera being a point and shoot is lacking but you can soon learn to deal with these.

Comment

exactly i started out with some horrible pics and was amazed at how they were rejected. if there isn't a pic like it in the DB then it won't get accepted i soon learned. keep practicing. it took me 3 years to get a pic accepted. the forums are a great place to get advise on what to and what not to upload. in the begining you should ask about every pic that you put in the Q. then you can start judging pics on your own. i've fianlly gotten 4 accepted. there is no better feeling than getting your first pic accepted, so with practice you will succeed.

here's one of my first uploads to the Q:

as you very well may have guessed it was rejected. i took that experience, learned from it and went on with life. as a personal rule for whenever i go to an airport i always take alot of pictures hoping that atleast one of them will get accpeted. good luck in the future. of course we have some new screeners so.....

-Chris

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, well I know I am off to a bad start, but that funny Korean Boeing 747 sure cheered me up. By the this my personal thank you for all of your help. Here's one more of my shots, see what you think. I think I might a chance to shoot some more pictures in December, so we'll see how I do again.

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/1...g747400hs1.jpg

Ps. I cropped a little out, so if you want the original just let me know.
              Regards

Comment

Also I did a little bit of work to the old Frontier Airbus A319 shot, see if this reduced some of that foreground clutter and here's a more creative shot, I was trying to get both Frontier A319's in the shot, but the lightpole got in the way and ruined it.

Here they are:

#1:

and #2.
                See what you think,

These are the last photos I have, I promise and once again, I really appreciate everyone's help on JP.net.

Comment

Dont be afraid to ask for advice. Thats how we learn. I wont even post one of my first uploads.

The BA photo i would actualy give a try, i like that angle and you seem to have got over the other problems.

Comment

Originally posted by ollieholmes
                    Dont be afraid to ask for advice. Thats how we learn. I wont even post one of my first uploads.

The BA photo i would actualy give a try, i like that angle and you seem to have got over the other problems.
                    BA yes F9 no.

Ollie is this close?

-Chris

Comment

Hi,

Chris congradulations on getting your photos accepted and thanks for the advice. Just wondering, if I crop out the bottom of the photo, with the man on the truck in front of the plane would that make the first F9 photo any better?

Comment

would most likely get rejected for bad cropping and besides the pic looks a bit overexposed. oh and thanks, hopefully tou will get a photo accepted soon. just be patient it took me three years.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by z740
                          BA yes F9 no.

Ollie is this close?

-Chris
                          No, you are tempting me to drag out my first photo to show just how bad it was.

Comment

No, you are tempting me to drag out my first photo to show just how bad it was.
                            PLLLEEEEEEEEEEAAASSSEEE?! Ollie i'm begging you! we have to show this guy how good of a start he has. think of it as a teaching tool.

and rohank, mind posting a ink to the Qd pics so we can criti..er...i mean give our opinion on them.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by z740
                              PLLLEEEEEEEEEEAAASSSEEE?! Ollie i'm begging you! we have to show this guy how good of a start he has. think of it as a teaching tool.

and rohank, mind posting a ink to the Qd pics so we can criti..er...i mean give our opinion on them.

-Chris
                              I will do that later.

Comment

I will do that later.
                                come on! excuses, excuses. oh, you're probably at work aren't you? my bad. but they had better be here by Saturday.

-Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X