• Show
Clear All

• Ryanair B738W LEGE-EGNV

Airline: Ryanair
    Aircraft: Boeing 737-8ASW
    Flight Number: RYR9347
    Call Sign: Ryan 9347
    Origin: Barcelona Girona (GRO/LEGE)
    Destination: Durham Tees Valley (MME/EGNV)
    Cruising Altitude: 38,000ft
    Cruising Speed: 250kts (by mistake - should have been around 480kts)

SCREENSHOTS TO FOLLOW - MY NEPHEWS HAVE JUST ARRIVED - GOTTA GO BABYSIT!!
    DTVAirport

Cruising Speed: 250kts (by mistake - should have been around 480kts)
    At that altitude your indicated air speed is around 250kts which is the maximum. Otherwise you would overspeed the aircraft and crash. The ground speed is around 480kts. So there is no mistake.

Comment

Ok, here are the shots, sorry about the jaggies:

Parked at the gate in Barcelona Girona:

It was decided that the runway wasn't going to come to us, so we'd have to go to the runway, so with that in mind, we pushed back:

We were told by ATC to taxi to runway 02, but we could only see the 1, so we used it instead:

Lined up on the Runway:

Rolling...

Fortunately for us, gravity failed, so we were able to lift up before we ran out of asphalt:

After remembering I was in a commercial jet, and not my personal aerobatics plane, I abandoned my attempt at a loop-de-loop:

Turned left after departure, at this point we began guessing where we were going to:

Climbing to FL380:

At FL380, taking in the views:

We were cruising along, minding our own business, when all of a sudden this photographer appeared in front of us and took a shot:

The co-pilot had nipped into the loo with one of the stewardesses, so I was forced to call him back when we received our first descent instructions:

The noise of the GPWS alarm awoke us from our sleep:

The runway is in sight. The River Tees can be seen, in real life, this is much closer to the threshold of the runway.

From the Cockpit - can people study this picture and point out anything I may be doing wrong - controls at the wrong setting etc. Thanks:

As we drifted over the threshold, it became clear that gravity was starting to beat us:

After wondering what the hell that bump was, we'd realised that the wheels had made contact with the earth:

Taxiing past the Control Tower and Fire Station, just ahead you'll notice the local chavs have nicked part of the taxiway:

Resident freight carrier TNT Airways, day-stopping on stand 9ER:

Turning onto Stand 3, we'd considered going onto 4 though just to be ackward:

We had to park nose-in after we were refused a reverse park manoeuvre:

That's all folks, hope you enjoy!
      DTVAirport

Comment

Nice set was fun to read haha
        As for the cockpit from what I can see:
        - Forgot to set the autobrakes (usually 2-3)
        - 160 is pretty fast for a 737. I usually set AT to 140-145 for landing. (of course depends of weight)
        - The "Spoilers Armed" light seems to be off so you forgot to arm them ("ctrl"+"/")
        - You have WAYYY TOOO MUCH fuel in your tanks for landing...

Other than taht looks fine to me.

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
          Nice set was fun to read haha
          As for the cockpit from what I can see:
          - Forgot to set the autobrakes (usually 2-3)
          - 160 is pretty fast for a 737. I usually set AT to 140-145 for landing. (of course depends of weight)
          - The "Spoilers Armed" light seems to be off so you forgot to arm them ("ctrl"+"/")
          - You have WAYYY TOOO MUCH fuel in your tanks for landing...

Other than taht looks fine to me.
          The autobrake is set to the one below 4, I didn't arm the spoilers but I did active them just after touchdown, and I don't tamper with the fuel, leave it set to default.
          DTVAirport

Comment

An Englishman flyin an IRISH airplane?! What the hell is wrong with you!?
            Nice shots.
            From the Cockpit - can people study this picture and point out anything I may be doing wrong - controls at the wrong setting etc.
            Let's see...(in addition to Pat's tips)
            1. Runway Turnoff/Taxi lights shouldn't be on at this point, you've not landed yet.
            2. Generally, I disengage the AP at 1000 ft and handfly it from there, but that's matter of opinion.
            Also (can't tell the meterological conditions from the pic, but),just be careful about using full flaps in windy conditions, as you've got more of a 'sail' for the wind to blow you round with.
            Aside from that, looks good!
            Cheers,
            Mitch

Comment

Working...
            X