Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kind request for help from Martin McGrath 'Horizon unlevel'!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kind request for help from Martin McGrath 'Horizon unlevel'!

Hi all , i'm having a few photo's rejected with reason stated as 'horizon unlevel please level and resubmit' Can anyone out there, please guide me through how to do this with my photoimpression software,as i'm having no luck. Thanks in advance

Could you please post some links to some of those rejected pictures? That way we could help you a bit better.

Cheers
    Gerardo
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Horizons unlevel.

Okay here they are,hope you can guide me on this:-

[email protected]>
      [email protected]>
      [email protected]>

Thanks in advance

Comment

Sorry, but - unless you took pictures of red crosses over white background - the files don't show up. Where do you have them? Post a link, if nothing else works.

Cheers
        Gerardo

Comment

OK, I found the URL's. But just a tip: USE OTHER FILENAMES!!! Don't use characters, as "@" in filenames!!!!

The 3 files are

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Unless, the screener is blind or having a few shots of whiskey, these will get rejected again. I hope oyu see, how unlevel the pics are....

In most pictures, there is something, which has to be either vertical or horizontal. For example: vertical axes of buildings are always 90° vertical, no matter of the perspective. If there are no buildings or lightposts, ... available, then look to horizontal lines, as for example the horizon. So, rotate the pic until the pic looks level.

Important: if you rotate by - let's say as an example - 2° and the pic isn't level, then UNDO and try again. Never rotate more than once!!

Cheers
          Gerardo

Comment

Oh my god! It's like those aircraft are on hills.

Plus the first one seems to be oversharpened.
            "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

And once youve leveled horizon, youre gonna get badcolor if you dont correct that extreme purple cast.

Comment

Thanks Gerardo,your advice is excellent as usual. Will in the future post the link from the rejection email to this forum. Apologies for the error !

I will try to rotate this images slightly to bring horizons level,think my software has this option.

We will see in due course,all the best.

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

You're welcome!

I'm sure, your software has this option. Of course, Photoshop has wonderful features to make it easier, but it can be done with every other photo editing software as well.

Cheers
                  Gerardo

Comment

Thanks for the input ,you did better than me ! I tried to edit the A310 at Miami and was able to rotate using rotate freehand okay by a degree or two. But couldn't get the gaps left in each corner filled in ! Tried copy paste and a few other things but to no avail. Help please ?

Comment

One word: Clonetool!!

Of course, sometimes it's very hard to correct those corners.

Cheers
                      Gerardo

Comment

Purple (or magenta) is reduced by adding green, adding cyan reduces red.
                        This is more lifelike colour i believe:

Comment

Yep, I think, that sums it up nicely. Well done, Chris_SE!

Gerardo

Comment

thx!

Comment

Yes that looks good,thanks. Found the clone tool Gerardo, and agree that its' a little tricky to fill those gaps ! Check the screening queue if you get chance for the Ecuatoriana A310 Oops
                              Thought i had filled all the gaps,but obviously not ! Never mind

Comment

Working...
                              X