Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two A340-600 Accidents - Quito and Toulouse (Combined)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice pictures, UIO spotter, good thing only a few minor injuries, and engine 1,2 and 3 is toast, pylons 1&2, gear, undercarriage, but looks the there are no wrinkles on the fuselage, it was delivered on 2006-03-27, so its a pretty new plane

yes i am a boeing fan, and i know thats a airbus, haha

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner_J
      Huh? He got there after rescue was there?
      Yes, but imagine something worse, +300 onboard injured, not impossible that it couldīve happened.
      "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

UIO spotter, I saw a photo at JP that said 14th of october 2005, "5th landing of the A346 at Quito". Do you have any stats when the first landing took place and how many cycles since then at Quito?

Comment

The a346 has come in the past year over 2000 times hahaha, basically every day, or atleast 5 times a week. Before it was very rare, now its common. Sometimes even 6 or 7 times a week on high seasons. Pilots have had 4 incidents including this one with the A346.

Comment

First of all its good to hear no one got badly hurt. Second: Nice photos @ Spotter.

It's really sad to see this one crash. I have seen some awesome videos from quito from the Flightlevel350 site... and reading about this accident at Quito, its just unbelievable. Once again good to know that nobody's hurt.
            Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by UIO Spotter
              The a346 has come in the past year over 2000 times hahaha, basically every day, or atleast 5 times a week. Before it was very rare, now its common. Sometimes even 6 or 7 times a week on high seasons. Pilots have had 4 incidents including this one with the A346.
              Ehh, 2000 times? +300 times this year and few hundred during 2006, 2005?
              So perhaps 300-400 cycles?

Comment

Whoooppsssyyy!! I think i went one ZERO too many!! I ment over 200.. Yeah, weve had it here tos of times. Now very common. Well, Ibe heard people rummor IB is canceling operations to UIO! I doubt this is true but lets see. I rad in the newspapaer, todays (Its 2 am here), where a piuc of mine was posted that UIO personell, managers are PISSED off at IB. No one gives an answer, about what happened, piltos havent said anything, UIO IB personell has disapeared! People have called IB in spain to find out what the heck is going on and no one gives an answer!

This to me is terrible. Never the less, passengers are pissed, flights are screwed up, people travel by car to Latacunga, the alternate airport because they were told flights will be operating there, and now........ they open UIO and no one tells the passengers so there are hundreds of passengers waiting for their friends, reatives in one airport and planes arrive at an other airport!? Comeon, thats crazy. IB seems to be in deep trouble with Ecaudor Aviation Authorities. Im still wondering........

WHAT the heck is going to happen with the plane

I cant even imagine all the problems airlines are gonna have with complaints, delays, losses!

What will happen with IB and UIO

Ahh well, so many other questions I have.

Gotta go to bed, tomorrow im trying to fight to be let into the airprot to get pics of this up close! I hope they let me, if not, tehre is a great angle for pics outside UIO i found today, amazing actually!

Comment

Originally posted by UIO Spotter
                  that UIO personell, managers are PISSED off at IB. No one gives an answer, about what happened, piltos havent said anything, UIO IB personell has disapeared! People have called IB in spain to find out what the heck is going on and no one gives an answer!
                  Sounds like nobody is going to take the responsibility over the accident. Are you sure there's not even an IB station manager to talk with at UIO ?
                  Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

I guess the station manager has orders to not give any statements, I mean something sounds fishy there. But I guesds hes just putting the people in hotels and thats it, but nothing about the situation of the a/c about the incident etc.

Comment

Looks like another quality Airbus product

Comment

Originally posted by Crism
                        Looks like another quality Airbus product
                        Boeing's don't overrun runways eh.....ya right

Comment

What a shame...I saw that very aircraft at JFK a few months ago. Glad to hear no one was hurt.

Comment

The thing i am most suprised about is the fact that this accident and the runway overrun of Air France in Toronto in 2005 both ended up with no loss of life with each A/C having 300+ passenger and crew on board.

Lets just hope that there are no more of these accidents in the future and that airports world wide start to take overrun areas more seriously.
                            Robin Guess Aviation Historian, Photographer, Web Designer.

http://www.Jet-Fighters.Net
                            http://www.Jet-Liners.Net

Comment

Part of the reason the Air France crash in YYZ resulted in no deceased pax was the regrading of the overrun area.As a result of the Air Canada DC9 crash on June 26, 1978, when AC189 plunged into the ravine, the airport authority regraded the end of the runway to Etobicoke Creek so it is a slope, not a cliff.

Comment

So, any info as to how/when the A340 will be removed and when UIO can reume their normal operations? Have all IB operations to UIO been suspended indefinatley as per IB? I was looking at a pic (earlier) of spectators looking at the aircraft, so I have to wonder, what is the usual response to an accident like this? I am sure that IB would like to remove all decals/identifying marks to remove IB from the incident if possible (but as for that - most of us know exactly what airline is concerned). How will the aircraft be removed? And we can be certian that that aircraft will never fly again - right?
                                Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Working...
                                X