X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad motive?

Hello all,

As there is no possibility to contact the screener directly I have to use this forum.
    Above photo was rejected because of 'bad motive'. I appealed to it and got the feedback "what do you want to show with this picture". Now i get even more confused as there are hundreds, maybe thousands of pictures like these in the database.
    Can the screener who rejected this explain me in an e-mail or PM why he/she rejected this?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
    Joop

I screened initially and couldn't understand what it is you were trying to show with this shot, I still can't, the Senior Screener replied with the same message...I think its fairly obvious why 3 of us rejected it...it shows nothing, are we looking at the 757-200 sign? the window? or other?

I'm not sure what your trying to achieve with this thread when the SS has answered your question in their final decision. I note that its also the 2nd time this exact shot has been rejected.
    Last edited by Longreach747; 2007-12-05, 08:05.

next trips
    USA/DXB August.

Comment

Here's a spotter comment: I wouldn't say that Bad motive is the problem here, as obviously you're trying to show the cockpit section. My biggest concern would be more like "Bad Cropping / Photo edges".
      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
        Here's a spotter comment: I wouldn't say that Bad motive is the problem here, as obviously you're trying to show the cockpit section. My biggest concern would be more like "Bad Cropping / Photo edges".
        I didn't know you were the screener involved?

next trips
        USA/DXB August.

Comment

Originally posted by Longreach747
          I screened initially and couldn't understand what it is you were trying to show with this shot, I still can't, the Senior Screener replied with the same message...I think its fairly obvious why 3 of us rejected it...it shows nothing, are we looking at the 757-200 sign? the window? or other?

I'm not sure what your trying to achieve with this thread when the SS has answered your question in their final decision.
          Longreach,

I don't try to achieve anything. All I want is understand your decision which i don't at this point. again as there are loads of this kind of pictures in the database.
          For you it maybe fairly obvious but not for me so that's why I am asking..

Kind regards,
          Joop

Comment

well you answered your own question...you didn't try to achieve anything with the shot and that's exactly how it comes across with 5 other screeners. They've voted reject on the photo the two times you've uploaded it...keep it for your personal collection.
            Last edited by Longreach747; 2007-12-05, 08:12.

next trips
            USA/DXB August.

Comment

Originally posted by Longreach747
              I didn't know you were the screener involved?
              I failed to notice that this thread had the *Crew only* tag. Don't expect me to withdraw my comment. Although you can delete it if you want.
              Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                I failed to notice that this thread had the *Crew only* tag. Don't expect me to withdraw my comment. Although you can delete it if you want.
                Can the screener who rejected this explain me in an e-mail or PM why he/she rejected this?

next trips
                USA/DXB August.

Comment

let me put it this way Joop, what do you see when you look at that photo? what do you think your trying to project too the viewer? for me its confusing, its just the side of a nose area with 757-200 and a window.

that's what motive means...we don't know what the motivation is behind the image and that's why it was rejected for motive.

ok if a pilot was waving or something..but the image doesn't even have that.

next trips
                  USA/DXB August.

Comment

Joop,
                    May I also add that you already have 3 (!!) pics of the same reg taken from the same angle the same day ? One with the full plane, one zooming on the tail and the 3rd one zooming on an engine...
                    What are you really trying to achieve ? Get the maximum number of pics in the DB ? For me this picture has absolutly no interest at all. Sorry. And it's really not such a rare aircraft that deserves more than the max 2pics-same day-same location...
                    Joop, you really have some great pics in your collection and you're certainly one of our most prolific uploaders from AMS but it might be a good idea to be a bit more selective when uploading multiple shots of the same reg. I have about 2300 pics in the DB now... but I would have 4000 or 5000 if I did upload all these close-ups you have.

An example http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15
                    As i was on the ramp that day I have about 30 diff perfect pics of that ac that was new on JP at that time (new reg and new airline). Even if it's so rare I really don't see why I would upload more than those 3 pics (all taken from a diff angle and spot). I don't see myself uploading close-ups of the engine or nose even if a TU-134 today is quiet rare...
                    It's important to share only the best and unique shots of each reg and then keep the rest for our private collection.
                    It's great to be motivated for uploading many pics and get a maximum of pics in the DB. But there's a limit and we really would like to encourage people to be more selective when uploading multiple pics of same AC.
                    Now one last note about that particular close-up... I hate it and you know why..? Because many people know that those kind of shots get a lot of hits and that mainly because people ask themself "what is there to see ?? Is the pilot making a funny face ?" And as Monty and others mentionned, there is really nothing to see there. You have other pics of the same type that should have been rejected... sorry for our mistake and we'll do our best to be more carefull in the futur.
                    No offense

Cheers
                    Alex

Comment

I fully agree on the rejection, it might have been more easy to understand initially if it would have been rejected for cut-off and motive, but the reply from the appeal should have cleared things up.

Detail and close-up shots should be well composed and not just a way to get more pics into the db. In fact we see so many of them lately that it could come to the point, where we will have to stiffen the rules for similar rejections, something I really do not like, but something threads like this might achieve.
                      Last edited by seahawk; 2007-12-05, 12:19.

Comment

Question answered..

Comment

Working...
                        X