Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

South African B738 clipped a truck... (video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South African B738 clipped a truck... (video)

South African B738 clipped with a truck... (video)

Aircraft 1 - Truck - 0

You can see thee damage of the wing at the end of the video.

Airplane Knocks Over Truck - Watch more free videos
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Interesting video. Not quite sure who was at fault here......was it the pilot or the person who left that container or whatever it was so close to the taxiway?

Comment

It looks like the ass end of the truck was beyond the line.....
      My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

whats with all these wing clippings lately? and its looks like the the truck parked a bit too far out

yes i am a boeing fan, and i know thats a airbus, haha

Comment

Wow! That's a rarely video it happened. I never seen like this before. Most video outside to see the plane something happened. That's a rarely inside passenger it happened. But I know TACA 767 landing overshot in GUA. That's all I know.

Stuart

Comment

woops, were they taxi'ing to the runway or coming back? because it would have been interesting to hear the announcment. Plus did the plane get jolted up or did the guy get a fright?
            There's nothing like an airport for bringing you down to earth. — Richard Gordon

Comment

^^ it just landed and was taxing to the gate

Comment

That's what happen when you put the parking area too close to the taxiway. Even if he parked a few feets outside the white lines, THAT is still too close to moving aircrafts. They should fire the idiot that planned the parking area too close to it.
                Last edited by MaxPower; 2007-12-28, 10:54.

Comment

thats one tough airplane. Not that much damage really (thats visible any way)
                  You cant have the best virtual airline in the world without the best people. Ansett Australia.

Comment

The ones who should be blamed are the development planners !
                    Thanks for visiting
                    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                    *JetPhotos*
                    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

The perils of working on the Ramp. You always have to keep your eyes open.

Comment

take a look at this, it looks like that the pilot took a tad too wide turn to park on one of the remote stands, there is more room than you think

Comment

^also hence the pertinent value of Dale's post
                          Thanks for visiting
                          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                          *JetPhotos*
                          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
                            The perils of working on the Ramp. You always have to keep your eyes open.
                            Yes, God knows what could have happen if a ramp rat, the driver or anyone else standing on the wrong side of the truck. *Splat*

Comment

Hi Guys, so, at which airport did this incident happen ?

OK, re watched the vid carefully - happened at Lusaka.....

Wow, methinks the pilot was a tad to close for comfort when taxing in to the ramp - yes, the truck was "over the line", but not by much from the scenes on the vid clip. One would have thought (famous 20/20 hindsight) that a "room for error" space is left when taxing - but then I'm not the pilot and i was not there.

Would love to have been a fly on the wall at the de-briefing.....
                              Last edited by RobinB; 2007-12-31, 09:29.
                              RobB

Comment

Working...
                              X