Passenger captures Tarom 737 vehicle collision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger captures Tarom 737 vehicle collision

Investigators are examining a Tarom Boeing 737-300 which sustained serious damage during take-off from Bucharest Henri Coanda Airport on 30 December after striking a vehicle on the runway.

Romanian television has shown video images, apparently taken by a passenger seated on the right-hand side of the aircraft, which seem to show the 737 experiencing a sudden impact or explosion during its take-off roll

Images taken after the event show the aircraft off the runway, with evacuation slides deployed and damage to its left-hand undercarriage and engine.

While Tarom could not immediately be reached for comment, local reports cite Tarom director Gheorghe Barla as saying that a vehicle had been unintentionally left on the runway after checks.

The aircraft had been bound for the Egyptian resort of Sharm El-Sheikh.

Snow and fog were present at the time of the accident. Local reports state there were 120 passengers on board, although there is no indication of any injuries.

Thanks for visiting
    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
    *JetPhotos*
    Airliners*Pbase.com

Just to add a note to this story. The airport was named after Henri Coanda the inventor of the Coanda 1910, featured as Feb. 2007 Plane of the month.

Glad to see everyone is ok.
    My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

While Tarom could not immediately be reached for comment, local reports cite Tarom director Gheorghe Barla as saying that a vehicle had been unintentionally left on the runway after checks.
      How in the world does that happen??
      Trump is an idiot!
      Vote Democrats!!

Comment

from whay heard they were inspecting/fixing runway lights, and the plane was somehow cleared b4 they were finished or something, the engineers had no time to move the car, so they had to ditch it and run

yes i am a boeing fan, and i know thats a airbus, haha

Comment

Working...
        X