Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oops! United 752 and Skywest CR7 collide on pushback at SFO.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dmmoore
    The RJ's engines are located where?
    The article said both aircraft's engines were damaged, I was reffering to the 752.

But from what I've heard from actual UA mx guys, the engines on the RJ wern't hit.
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Dmmoore
      The RJ's engines are located where?
      I'm pretty sure they're NOT under the wings.... last time I checked. I could be wrong.

But seriously, I wonder if the tape will show they at least had a push clearance? Can't necessarily fault the crew of the pushing craft since it doesn't have rear-view mirrors.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex B
        I'm pretty sure they're NOT under the wings.... last time I checked. I could be wrong.

But seriously, I wonder if the tape will show they at least had a push clearance? Can't necessarily fault the crew of the pushing craft since it doesn't have rear-view mirrors.
        The maintenance crew on board "MAY" have been nothing more than radio operators. The crew on the tug "MAY" have pushing the aircraft with the tug backwards (in position to tow the aircraft to the maintenance hangar), if the tug does not have does not have operating positions for both directions.

In any event the tug crew pushing the UAL aircraft had a lot of extra paper work that night!
        Don
        Standard practice for managers around the world:
        Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

I found out that the parts for the CRJ came in last night and its being repaired today. One funny thing I found out was that the tail of the CRJ got some more damage because they closed the hanger doors on it.

Comment

The guy driving the Tug has ultimate responsibility, first they must have clearance to move the aircraft, and secondly they must visiually make sure they are not going to crash into anything.

I have stopped a few puchbacks after getting clearance but an obstruction gets in the way eg taxiing aircraft.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilDog
              I found out that the parts for the CRJ came in last night and its being repaired today. One funny thing I found out was that the tail of the CRJ got some more damage because they closed the hanger doors on it.
              Nice.

Eh, guess when I go to check it out this week, the CRJ won't be damaged.
              sigpic
              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
              X