Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BA 777 landing accident at LHR

Time. 13.15 hrs Thursday 17th January

Breaking news that a Chinese 747 has landed short of the runway at London Heathrow.
    Airport is shut as far a i know at the moment.

More info as i get it

It was a British Airways B777 flight from China.

Hope there were no serious injuries? Picture on Sky news website.

Comment

3 Treated for minor injuries. It landed just in front of the fence on 27L. It came to rest just to the right of the 27L numbers. I guess from the pictures on TV is under carridge went at about 20Metres as they dug in, it then slid probably another 400M - 600M before comming to rest.
      Last edited by Shaggy; 2008-01-17, 13:55.
      Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

Air crash investigators are trying to work out why a Boeing 777 landed short of the runway at London Heathrow airport, skidding on grass and ripping apart sections of the aircraft.
        DFW Tower.com

Comment

Good thing no one was seriously hurt, this could have ended very ugly. Gotta wonder what happened on board that lead to the jet landing several hundred meters short.

Of course, you can always count on CNN to do their work correctly - quote from the article:
          A spokesman for Heathrow -- the world's busiest airport

Comment

After looking at that last picture on CNN, wow.

Looks like a pic just made it to the db.
            [photoid=6152403]

Comment

Reports are coming through that it had total on board systems failure

Comment

At this point id like to congratulate the crew for getting the plane down without any serious injuries. Knowing the area around LHR, if that huge 777 had landed any earlier the casualties could have been catastrophic. Even putting it down on the runway in the condition it was in could have resulted in a far worse outcome giving how busy LHR is with traffic.

Comment

Just to add another point. I flew that exact plane to Sydney via Singapore just over two weeks ago. Daaaam. . .

Comment

I flew it to NYC in March Was it YMMM?
                    Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

Yeah mate it was. 'Was' being the operative word lol.

Comment

Scary!!!!
                        Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

Looks like the crew have made all the difference!
                          DTVAirport

Comment

Reports are that all power was lost around 500ft...

In any case, this won't do BA's current reputation any good what with the huge management screw up with cabin crew reaching maximum hours and flights having to be cancelled worldwide either. I was on a flight back from NRT last week that was subsequently axed due to 'operational reasons'. I can see a sharp dive in share price on the not so distant horizon...

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
                              Reports are that all power was lost around 500ft...
                              I guess it's fortunate that this happened relatively in range of the airfield. Scary stuff!
                              Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Working...
                              X