Kuwaiti Heron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kuwaiti Heron

I'm presently building a 1/72 Heron by Airfix (yes, the ancient one, in the old box with Shell Oil livery on the box and useless decals). I understand the Kuwaiti Air Force used to have them, I was wondering if anyone had a pic of one in those colors. It's either that or Jordanian colors, which I do have a pic of.

Quite a challenge, wish you success in your quest. I checked with ATDB (aerotransport.org) which lists the herks, Nines and MadDogs in all time Kuwait AF inventory.
    Thanks for visiting
    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
    *JetPhotos*
    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
      Quite a challenge, wish you success in your quest. I checked with ATDB (aerotransport.org) which lists the herks, Nines and MadDogs in all time Kuwait AF inventory.
      Yeah, I believe they would have been the "civilian-looking" white/aluminum with a red cheatline scheme, just like Jordan.

Comment

^or blue, which is somewhat the understand color of cheatline locally. Let's even bet on some navy to turquoise tone blue similar to Kuwait Airways, which might also have used the Heron as part of the State's (of Kuwait) VIP fleet, same way they proceed with the GIVs and Vs.
        Last edited by uy707; 2008-01-19, 22:40.
        Thanks for visiting
        *JetPhotos*
        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

^or blue, which is somewhat the understand color of cheatline locally. Let's even bet on some navy to turquoise tone blue similar to Kuwait Airways, which might also have used the Heron as part of the State's (of Kuwait) VIP fleet, same way they proceed with the GIVs and Vs.
          That's a good point, I hadn't thought of that. I'm having fun building the model, kind of a cute little kit with surprisingly good fit.

Comment

Waiting to see the final work. Take your time.
            Thanks for visiting
            *JetPhotos*
            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Waiting to see the final work. Take your time.
              Oh, I will. With my current schedule, I figure 6 months or more. I'm down to 2-3 models per year, if that.

Comment

Working...
              X