This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brianw999
    To hopefully answer Ollies' question. My view is that a homebuilt 1991 Pietenpol Aircamper built using modern materials and with a national registry database entry ( i.e G-INFO etc. ) showing its date of build is not warbird/vintage, obviously because of the manufacture date...the trouble is that it looks like it should be because it has roots as far back as 1933. I don't even know if there are any 1933 originals flying ?

This is where the uploader can help the crew by leaving an explanatory note to screeners in their upload as to why they have selected, or not selected a particular category. The facility is there, use it. I know that the Aircamper isn't vintage because I have an interest in PFA homebuilt aircraft and GA aircraft. Other screeners may be more airliner oriented and not be aware of this.
    Brian,
    There does not seem to be any origional Pietenpols on the G- reg but thats not to say they dont survive. Either foreign registerd or in museums.

Comment

Warbird/Vintage correct?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

In my eyes yes. They are definatly warbirds.

Originally posted by RCoulter

Comment

Originally posted by RCoulter
          Yes absolutly correct

Comment

Just a quick question.

On the Beechcraft T-1A Jayhawk, would the category "business jet" apply to this aircraft?

Comment

Originally posted by B757300 View Post
              Just a quick question.

On the Beechcraft T-1A Jayhawk, would the category "business jet" apply to this aircraft?
              Yes Please.

Comment

Thank You, AJ.

Comment

Police registrations?

I've always been unsure about police registrations... civilian or military?

In Colombia Police aircraft have a PNC (Policia Nacional de Colombia) registration diferent from the civilian HK but sometimes the Police is not technically considered an "armed force" so I'm curious

Also because in the database photos of Colombia - Police some have been accepted with "Civilian" and some with "Military"...

Thanks for any imput on the matter

Comment

In most countries the Police Force is considered civilian.

The exceptions are countries under military rule which often utilise 'military police'.

For Colombia I believe they are civilian.

Comment

Or even more complicated. Spain for example has a military police organisation "Guardia Civil" which belongs to the military and uses military regs on the aircraft.
                      But they also have various civil police services which use civil regs.

So if in doubt I would use the registration as a guideline.

Comment

OK, I edited the pics I had in the queue going with civilian... mainly in consideration for the argument that police is generally thought as a civilian entity

Thanks guys!

Comment

Quick question...

An Embraer Tucano is considered a small prop?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysconcorde View Post
                            Quick question...

An Embraer Tucano is considered a small prop?

Thanks!
                            Yes!

Comment

Thanks for the answer Anthony...

but I have another one....

An AC-47 should have the "Cargo" category selected? And I already checked "Warbird/Vintage", is that correct?

Thanks again!

Comment

A Lockheed L-188A(F) Electra; is that a vintage aircraft or not.

A few weeks ago I had an instand add with a photo of this a/c from ALM (Antilian airlines), but this week I had a rejection for the same aircrafttype (LN-FOH from Fred Olsen), because of missing the vintage category; according to a screener comment.

Can anybody help me?
                                Is this a vintage a/c or not?

Freek

Comment

Working...
                                X