Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Brother is here and well !! And watch out !!! He's also lost his sense of humor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love you Dale...just as a heads up, me, Chasen and Jordan might pull a "3 Guys 1 Forum" if you want to join

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
      Well generally new people on this site don't come in like trailer park trash so we do get to know each other. If you want to act like boors, people will react defensively.
      May I respectfully point out that it is some of the well educated and superbly groomed established members of this site that have started throwing insults at us trailer trash.

Mind you, they seemed pretty familiar with trailer trash talk.

Comment

Well generally new people on this site don't come in like trailer park trash so we do get to know each other. If you want to act like boors, people will react defensively.
        Thank you.

Comment

trailer park trash
          Strong words.

So far in the last day, I think I've heard us called 'dumb', 'childish' and now 'trailer park trash'. If I didn't know better, I'd think some of you were trying to hurt our feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealAncientMarine
            You trust internet profiles?
            OK. Then I'm a B747 Chief Engineer with 16 years experience.
            Per
            Hey Per, see you found a new friend already !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rattler
              After thinking once more and consulting Wikipedia, Google and other sources, changing this prevision to:
              In the grandest tradition of our lost homeland! You make me proud.
              7. mitigators and agent provocateurs will appear on both sides, heating/cooling the conflict
              I'm working on that one...

Comment

Thanks Digger. Some sense.
                Thank you. I try...

Comment

Originally posted by Half Bottle
                  Strong words.

So far in the last day, I think I've heard us called 'dumb', 'childish' and now 'trailer park trash'. If I didn't know better, I'd think some of you were trying to hurt our feelings.
                  No just trying to jog you a bit so you will realize when you move in you go and say "hi" to the neighbours, not kick their dog, hit the kids and shit on the front porch.

Comment

Originally posted by NavyChief
                    Hey Per, see you found a new friend already !!!
                    You know me Chief, looks like I'm an "asshole" and you know what they attract. Nope, not flies.
                    Per
                    Ancient Mariner
                    Certified above and below...................sea level.

Comment

kick their dog, hit the kids and shit on the front porch.
                      And you're still insulting us. That's okay, though, we're a hearty lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Bottle
                        And you're still insulting us. That's okay, though, we're a hearty lot.
                        Good...when you grow up to be a Full Bottle let us know. (Yes I know...an extreme cheap shot).

The AD invasion caught us offside, but no worries, we will rally from the attack and you will find there are a lot of good people over here at JP.

Comment

Oh, making lots of friends ........ I see.
                          Res Severa Verum Gaudium

Comment

Originally posted by Digger
                            -snip-
                            There's plenty of expertise in the AD community.
                            -snip-
                            Agree wholeheartedly.

Thats the problem: All this wisdom and knowledge put in writing suddenly lost, *POOOF*!

Originally posted by Digger
                            -snip-
                            Still, some comparisons can be made. The JP thread about the Gol/Legacy collision over Brazil ran all the way to 5 pages, and was over within a month of the incident.
                            -snip-
                            The AD thread about that accident ran to 101 pages, and would probably still be growing asLets make it personal any new developments surfaced.
                            -snip-
                            Same here with the mil aviation forum (which is my personal interest): 39 posts in 6 month, thats about what was posted (and sometimes even discussed) over there in 4 days.

But, people, lets not forget: This is (was?) a purely photography forum, so you really cannot compare stuff. Of cause, with the situation at hand, this is true for the two crowds:

While I am sure a majority of the AD commers love great aviation photos its not their main interest, and, at reverse, while many of the JP commers follow aviation in general they might not understand ever the addiction of delving into CVR transcripts, metal fatigue (not to mention cheap composites) discussions, etc.

I guess many of us long time members/lurkers from AD com find it difficult to enact their hobbie/addiction in a *photo* forum, be it aviation or other, it will some time for us to settle and realize that the photo *av safety* forum is now the new place, etc.

Taking it to a personal level (and where my grieve lies): Recently I had taken it on me to spam the mil av forum at ad.com with all news snippets I could find every day from all kind of sources, something buried deep in me since youth (1957 I worked organizing the pre-war DAEC air incident archive when I was just 11 yrs old and the archive was nothing official nor complete but a collection of files some enthousiasts had collected - mostly Zeppeliners). During the last 6 month I had made it a hobby to beat alert 5, KeyPublishing (both didnt even mention airdisaster com crash yet) timewise and often succeeded, maybe thats stupid and trailer park, but I *loved* it, to produce a world view mosaique just joining international mil aviation news.

Now, this meant scrolling through news clips from everywhere 2 hours daily (I got up every morning 0530 local to get the job done), format them, weigh them against each other (I had a general goal of not posting more than 10 threads a day) and organizing them (x percentage industry, x perecentage USAF, x percentage home stories, etc), and I dont know yet wheter I will use my new "freedom" to do soemthing else or take it up again here, currently waiting for permission to post whole articles and standing by to not offend any oldtimers here.

After all, like you with your hobby photography, you will find yourself in total shock and awe when suddenly your effort just disappears and all the time and energy invested goes ... somewhere... .

OTOH this is a welcome and maybe useful incision, gets you to reflect:

Restart a mil aviation forum on a photo forum? Frankly, I dont now whether I want to do it or whether the guys with the turf rights even want me to... Alternative: Leave it or run an own forum... Hmmm. ???

2 hours every day? Plenty of other stuff to do with it, maybe sleep til 0700 and tell the wife youre over the addiction?

Posting this just to let you guys know we are not totally whacked (but all strange in a certain way)

And so on, and so on...

So, until we have everything sorted (externally and in our heads/guts/brains), please have some patience, bear with us.

I promise I will look at some photos soon .

Rattler
                            Last edited by rattler; 2008-01-20, 22:59. Reason: WOW, the conacs show in the many typos...
                            AD.info? Rings a bell somehow...

Comment

.......oh well....back to the spanking....

TDU
                              I have my own little world.....but it's okay......they know me here

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealAncientMarine
                                You know me Chief, looks like I'm an "asshole" and you know what they attract. Nope, not flies.
                                Per

No more detils, please....

Rattler
                                AD.info? Rings a bell somehow...

Comment

Working...
                                X