Introductions are in Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introductions are in Order

This bickering is getting old. AD forums are gone, and we are going to have to get along. To help foster this, I propose that everyone introduce themselves, giving their name, occupation, location, and experience in aviation. I think this will help everyone appreciate what everyone can bring to our community.

Keep it serious, please.

I'm Rob, I'm a student and am currently working on my PPL. I'm from a town near HPN.

Not that any of the regulars don't remember me (two of you still owe me money )
    Anyway I'm Jordan, a "student" from Louisville, just got my private pilots license a few weeks ago.

Comment

Crism...aka Steve

I'm sometimes a forum ass...but in my spare time I live in Daytona Beach, FL and go to Embry-Riddle. As you know (most of you) I have my Private Single and Multi-Engine Land with Instrument rating. I'm currently flying the DA42 and working on my Commercial-Multi before doing the Commercial-Single and probably staying here all summer and doing my CFI and CFII before instructing in the Fall part-time.

I've got a bunch of photos on JP.net and wish I could find a cheap place to get my camera cleaned in Daytona without paying $65. Or I just want a 40D...

In my other life, I lived in Rhode Island and worked at the PVD airport and took photos there and flew a DA40.

That's pretty much me. I've got a girlfriend...and she's ok with my undying love for Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
        This bickering is getting old. AD forums are gone, and we are going to have to get along. To help foster this, I propose that everyone introduce themselves, giving their name, occupation, location, and experience in aviation. I think this will help everyone appreciate what everyone can bring to our community.

Keep it serious, please.

I'm Rob, I'm a student and am currently working on my PPL. I'm from a town near HPN.
        I'm Brad, but I have a brother named Rob. I'm an aeronautical engineering technology student at Purdue University, which means I get to learn how to build, take apart, and fix airplanes, I get to play with a Boeing 737 and a 727 that InTheShade was kind enough to donate to us, and I'll be getting my FAA A&P license. I have my PP-ASEL, about 100-125 hours, and I'm currently working on my instrument rating. I had a little over 4000 posts on AD before Chris decided to "have a little fun" and "forty-one it".

I've got 70 some pics up on JP.... haven't done any spotting in a long time. Old school Canon 300D, Canon 75-300 USM, and a couple shorties.
        ADC Refugee

Click here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Fine idea, Rob.

I'm John.

I've frequently had the ambition to fly, but never the resources to make it happen. I did do ground school, and I later spent about five years in the Civil Air Patrol as an Observer, and mission Air Ops staff (which requires that you learn the communicate and navigate parts, but don't get to be in command of the aviate part), and have some friends that fly, so I do know my way around the front of a Cessna. Additionally, my wife is an air traffic controller, of the Tower/TRACON variety, so aviation is a frequent part of the dinner table conversation at our house.

Professionally, see my username and avatar...

On edit: I'll add, for all those who've already posted above, I've got kids as old and older than you guys. And three year old twins.

Comment

Name: Murt, occupation Metrologist, location Manchester UK, experience in Aviation? Just photography. Most of my spare time will be spent loitering around Manny, Heathrow and Birmingham Airports, as well as any Aviation Museums.

Comment

Are those real?

Comment

Good idea Rob.
                My name is Rob
                I spent some time in the RAF as ground crew. I worked on Lightnings, Buccs, Jags, Hunters and Victors, plus whatever was visiting.
                I live in the Netherlands these days.

Comment

Sidenote, but I'm seeing a lot of people from the PIT area now.

Comment

Thank you Rob,
                    I'm Don, 61 years old. A&P PPL with ASMELS ratings and 3,000+ hours as PIC of general aviation aircraft of all types. (J-3 through C-500 with a few exceptions).
                    I am currently on extended leave from FedEx while I under go treatment for a neuromuscular disease that limits my ability to walk.
                    Married 40 years (this coming Oct. ). Four children all born at providence Hospital, Anchorage, Alaska. Girls on each end, Boys in the middle. We lost the oldest boy 5 years ago. Currently have 7 grandchildren, 10, 8, 6, 4, 3, 8 Mo. and 7 mo. You can quote me on this "Grandchildren are the only reason you need to have kids!" They are a blast! Four live in Wasilla, Alaska, one in Lancaster, Ca. and two live close by us in Prescott, AZ.
                    I started with Flying Tigers in 1966 working in the LAX Hangar. I have worked line stations around the world with my longest stay (12 years) in Alaska (ANC and CDB).
                    In 1989 Tigers was absorbed by FedEx where I entered the Structures Engineering Department at the LAX satellite office. For the last 5 years I worked the MD-11 "C" check program by providing engineering support to our Singapore vendor.
                    Over the years I have worked on L-1949H Connie, CL-44-D4 Swing Tail, B-707-349C, DC-8-60 series, DC-8-70 Series, B-727-100 / -200, DC/MD-10 / -30, MD-11, A300-600, A310.
                    Last edited by Dmmoore; 2008-01-21, 20:57. Reason: Added info
                    Don
                    Standard practice for managers around the world:
                    Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

Jeff here. I just finished 20 years in the Navy, currently looking for employment. Probably won't be in the aviation field Tired of it at this point.

A very unique career in the Navy. I spent the whole 20 years in Hawaii, and all of it working on all variations of the Lockheed P-3 Orion. No boats for me , my car which I shipped to California on the 2nd, has more sea time than I do. LOL. I was trained in schooling for the Airframes side of the A&P licence. For the past 5 years or so I've been running the day to day Maintenance effort for the Command's Maintenance Department.

My days in Hawaii are numbered. Will be starting a road trip from Los Angeles to Columbus, Ohio on the 30th.
                      -Not an Airbus or Boeing guy here.
                      -20 year veteran on the USN Lockheed P-3 Orion.

Comment

Originally posted by Verbal
                        Are those real?
                        Inflated

Comment

I'm Chasen, I'm a student who lives in the town that contains SFO, currently on my PPL out of San Carlos(SQL), but right now money is being a Mr. T Fist in my...well, Jordan will tell you. Aviation has always been my life, I've wanted to be an airline pilot since I was 3 or 4, and I'm into all aspects of it (Flying, Photography, ATC, Models, Flight Sim, collecting Airline memorabilia, ect.). I was doing Customer Service at NZ for a while, but they got in trouble for trying to hire a 17 year old, so that didn't go too well for me in the end. They did however "forget" to ask for the badge back, so I can still go planespotting past security and on the ramp. So no money means no flying, hopefully I'm going to score a part-time CSA job with UA soon. When I turn 18 this summer, I have a slot waiting for me to do weight and balance with either Philippine Airlines or Aer Lingus, $20 an hour ain't bad money at 18. I'm going to community college in the fall, and I plan to become a CFI as soon as possible and once I have my degree, try and get on to a regional airline. Probably should go for a 4-year degree, though. If I do, it will be in ATC as a backup in case my diet sparks a heart attack and I get my medical revoked. I have a lovely fiancee who is a nympho filipina beauty and I couldn't be happier with the life I have.
                          Last edited by Crunk415balla; 2008-01-21, 22:38. Reason: ha-ha, Chris...
                          sigpic
                          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                            When I turn 18 this summer, I have a slot waiting for me
                            ....in Louisville.

Comment

I'm TDU....... All my work is in the Mining and Earthmoving business in outback Australia...... Employed in OH&S...... Aircraft experience?...welllllllll, if you consider being squashed into an aluminium tube every couple of weeks or so.....then this little black duck has got plenty.....

TDU
                              btw. I ssssttttutter...
                              I have my own little world.....but it's okay......they know me here

Comment

Working...
                              X