jetBlue Regional Airline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jetBlue Regional Airline?

As you may know, jetBlue has placed an order with Embraer for regional jets (i dont remember if its the ERJ190 or the ERJ 195). I was wondering if jetBlue will have a regional carrier name on these planes (A.K.A. jetBlue Express, jetBlue Connection, etc.). Also, where will they fly them? They would make lots of money on JFK-Chicago/Boston routes, but not nescesarilly w/ these planes. If anyone knows anything please tell me. Thanks!

No one knows?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Comment

JetBlue intends to operate them under the JetBlue name. Neeleman has said that JetBlue will never launch an "Express" or "Connection" brand. He has also said that JetBlue will never hire any airline to operate any type of service for them, as they cannot offer the quality of service on par with the airline itself. The Embraers are just another fleet type that will allow JetBlue to better serve its' current markets, and to open up new opportunities into smaller markets.

Comment

Given the artist's impression in Airliner World, I would say that the regional jets will just be another type in the JetBlue mainline fleet.

That said, artists impressions are generally fairly meaningless - I once came across one of a Qantas 767 in the old orange cheat line c/s and an Ansett 767 in their old red and black c/s.

Anyway, does it matter? With the exception of American Eagle, the regional affiliates are basically carbon copies of their parents, just with "Express" or "Connection" lumped on the end of their titles.
        AIRIGAMI.NET
        http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

Comment

First off, there is no such thing as an ERJ-190 or an ERJ-195. They are the Embrear 190/195 and they are not regional jets. They are only a sbit smaller than a 737 or A320. jetBlue will likely plan on using there aircraft on the shorter routes that don't spawn as many passengers and leave the A320's to the longer more demanding routes. We would likely see the 190's in Northeast US service from JFK and Southwest US service out of LGB.

Originally posted by FlyCharlestonSC
          No one knows?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Dude, chill out, give people time to reply to a topic, your not always going to get someone replying to a topic within 2 and a half hours of it being posted.

Comment

Originally posted by SWA733Captain
            First off, there is no such thing as an ERJ-190 or an ERJ-195. They are the Embrear 190/195 and the are not regional jets.

Took the words right out of my mouth.....or my hands. You get the point.
            Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Could these regional jets open up more airports to Jet blue, mainly smaller non-hub airports?
              O'Hare - The Aviation God's greatest creation, or their greatest mistake? you be the judge!

Comment

Could these regional jets open up more airports to Jet blue, mainly smaller non-hub airports?
                O'Hare - The Aviation God's greatest creation, or their greatest mistake? you be the judge!

Comment

Originally posted by flyingbosshog
                  First off, for the second time, they are not regional jets, second, that is that plan

Comment

flyingbosshog, it is time to lay off the multiple emoticons.
                    AIRIGAMI.NET
                    http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

Comment

The Embraer 170/175/190/195 family of a/c are aimed towards mainline carriers, not regional operators. This family of a/c bridges the scope clause gap as it fits in between the largest RJs and the smallest mainline jet at many carriers.

Comment

heheheheheheheheheheh, i am laughing here!
                        Some people in today's society are so thick!

Comment

Thanks for informing us Ansett, anything relevant to say that pertains to the topic??

Comment

Working...
                          X