Southwest jet skids off snowy GEG runway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southwest jet skids off snowy GEG runway

SPOKANE -- A Southwest Airlines jet slid off a runway while making a snowy landing at Spokane International Airport on Sunday.

The Federal Aviation Administration in Seattle confirmed that flight 485 from Albuquerque to Spokane skidded off the runway during landing. The flight also made stops in Sacramento and Portland.

Article Link

Video Link

Alex
    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

The video takes forever....10 second wait and I'm gone.....

Thanks for posting anyways ATrude
    My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

How long till they just start installing arrestor cables at every airport they fly into?

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
        How long till they just start installing arrestor cables at every airport they fly into?
        Shhh, don't give away their secret $300m business plan...

Comment

Must be really snowing up there!!! I am about 1.5 hours to the south, and it is snowing but not very hard. (Then again snowing hard for them is completely different for me coming from Alaska)
          You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Sounds like the tower didn't know the Southwest flight hadn't cleared the runway.

I think more will be said about the Alaska flight not being sent around than another Southwest 737 over run.
            Don
            Standard practice for managers around the world:
            Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

That runway is 9000 feet long with a 1000 foot overrun at each end. Of course, it's hard to tell if they went off the side or really used all 9000 feet.

Comment

Working...
              X