ADIZ shoot down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADIZ shoot down

Following the movie The Shoot Down http://www.theshootdown.com a few questions have come up. In this event, two civilian C-337 Skymaster wer shot down by MIG-29 in international airspace.

If a civilian aircraft approaches the US ADIZ and does not communicate, when and how distant from or far in the ADIZ would it get shot down if it does not follow instructions?

They were not in international airspace, they were in Cuban airspace, and had been warned on their previous incursion that they would be shot down if they breached it again. (The US state department also warned them)
    They did it again and they were shot down.
    "Hermanos a rescante" as they called themselves had been provoking the Cuban government for months by flying along the Cuban coast and twice directly over Havana. Hoping for the Cubans to take action so they would get some media attention, well they got it!

Because of the US "wet foot dry foot policy" those same people now operate "go fast boats" between Cuba and the US, their services now cost $10000 a head.

Comment

Juan,

My intention is not to start a political thread. The reasons why:

As you can see I'm basing the information about being shot down in international airspace out of the movie. One movie or documentary is not a great source especially for this type of international conflicts with Cuba. Probably you only have one source or a combination of poor sources too.

Unless you are/were either the guy that shot them down, Basulto, or the one reading the radar in Cuba or in Key West, I truly doubt you are a good source of evidence. Thus, starting a discussion with poor certainty of facts would be unreasonably futile.

The true intention of this thread is to find out more about the United States of America ADIZ. Thanks...!

Comment

Read about ADIZ procedures here, this is AIM 5-6-5.

http://www.faa.gov/airports_airtraff...506.html#5-6-5

Comment

Has there been any cases where civilian (with any intentions) aircraft have been shot down after penetrating the ADIZ without establishing communication or follwoing intercept procedures?

Comment

Originally posted by MadDog
            Has there been any cases where civilian (with any intentions) aircraft have been shot down after penetrating the ADIZ without establishing communication or follwoing intercept procedures?
            You need to ask our friends in drug enforcement that question?
            Don
            Standard practice for managers around the world:
            Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

Yeap... That crossed my mind ..... but I'm sure those fly lower than 500 ft and transponder off.

Comment

Columbian drug-runner shoot-down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHDZqUa0m1s

Comment

Working...
                X