Got Photos on Airliners.net? READ THIS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srbmod
    This entire thread is flamebait to the highest degree! Delete all of my photos here and my membership.
    I hope this won't be deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by aloges
      I hope this won't be deleted.
      Why? This isn't Airwhiners!

Comment

I was never impressed with A.net. When I tried to upload a picture of a PR A343 landing at SFO a year ago and it was rejected soley because of me selecting the wrong photo location, with a message from the screener:"Thats not SFO, thats LAX!". Like I don't know where I took my own shot.
        sigpic
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Another interesting point has been raised...

What happens to the rights of photos taken by deceased members of Airliners.net under the new terms of use?

AirNikon, Frank Schaefer come to mind.

R.I.P. fellas.

Comment

This entire thread is flamebait to the highest degree! Delete all of my photos here and my membership.
            May I please have your photographer id number?

I am pleased that this is being discussed in a place other than the a.net forums as I need as much information as I can before acting on my airliners.net portfolio.

Comment

Why? This isn't Airwhiners!
              Nope, it's not, however at Jetphotos, we don't have a totalitarian regieme in place, and are free to talk about any other website we so choose to, including both their good points and their bad.
              I never was much a fan of A.Net, however it's really gone down the crapper since Demand took over.

Comment

Originally posted by flynavy
                Another interesting point has been raised...

What happens to the rights of photos taken by deceased members of Airliners.net under the new terms of use?

AirNikon, Frank Schaefer come to mind.

R.I.P. fellas.
                AirNikon?

I remember him from AOL when he ran the aviation photo gallery there.

I haven't visited A.net in ages. What happened to him? And I'm not looking for a sarcastic answer.

Comment

Very interesting... when I read that note from A.net I kind of thought to myself, wow, they want to use all these photos for free... I wonder if they will change the policy or go ahead and implement it... and drive thousands and thousands of photos to be removed. What a shame if that site is destroyed. I enjoy viewing both sites. Although I must say, JP has always been more user friendly.
                  DFW Tower.com

Comment

Originally posted by AJ
                    May I please have your photographer id number?

I am pleased that this is being discussed in a place other than the a.net forums as I need as much information as I can before acting on my airliners.net portfolio.

Comment

Why are you pulling all your photos from JP?
                      DFW Tower.com

Comment

Originally posted by B757300
                        AirNikon?

I remember him from AOL when he ran the aviation photo gallery there.

I haven't visited A.net in ages. What happened to him? And I'm not looking for a sarcastic answer.
                        Mickey Bednar passed away at his home on 12/4/06. Aeromoe has a nice tribute site set up here: http://www.geocities.com/~aeromoe/AirNikon.html

Comment

woah!!! I can't believe how many people are rushing to pull their photos off!! I personally think that most people are over reacting to the extreme. I read their new TOS. Its a bunch of legalese. I think that the purpose is more to protect them from lawsuit rather than outright steal photos. Everyone's saying DM is going to start selling photos and making big bucks. That's not my opinion. They may want to use some photos in promoting their own site, or start up some kind of photo sales deal like their last one that went bust. But I seriously doubt they are going to simply sell and keep all the money.

Oh well, the more people who pull their photos means more viewers will see mine! So keep deleting your photos, guys! LOL

But seriously, take a rational approach and definitely read all the fine print and see what happens.
                          View my photos at JP.Net
                          Home Airport: Jackson - Evers Int'l (JAN) - Jackson, MS
                          Camera: Canon 50D, 100-400L/17-85 lenses

Comment

By the way, thanks SRBMOD for deleting my thread in the site related, now when will someone get on to removing my photos from the site? They still seem to be up...

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
                              But I seriously doubt they are going to simply sell and keep all the money.

Its a bunch of legalese
                              They speak legalese, which you don't understand, than give you an english translation of what you want to hear, then go ahead and use your photos for whatever they want as provided in the new TOS. If Demand wanted to keep a.net the way it was they wouldn't have changed the TOS at all. They want to use the photos for their own commercial purposes and not pay the photogs anything. The fact that a.net had one TOS forever, then a media company that owns a bunch of websites takes it over, and changes the TOS should make you think that something's up. And it looks like most of the photographers agree.

Comment

AirNikon had some nice pictures.....
                                My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Working...
                                X