N171DZ - some problems yesterday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N171DZ - some problems yesterday?

Yesterday (17.02.2008 around 10:00 loc), I watched Delta's "Habitat" 763 proceeding a kind of holding-pattern around Taunus-area for more than 30 minutes, after t/o from FRA. Does anybody know something about?

get FRA spotting informations here:
    www.Frankfurt-Aviation-Friends.eu

Originally posted by DAIRD
    Yesterday (17.02.2008 around 10:00 loc), I watched Delta's "Habitat" 763 proceeding a kind of holding-pattern around Taunus-area for more than 30 minutes, after t/o from FRA. Does anybody know something about?
    Any idea what the flight # or destination was?

-Chris

Comment

No, sorry - guess DL27 to ATL. I had my binocular only with me, so I could watch it flying around in max. 7000 feet, 10 km NW of my position.

get FRA spotting informations here:
      www.Frankfurt-Aviation-Friends.eu

Comment

Not sure what the original problem was, but Delta's site shows flight 27 as having encountered a 3h23 min delay, leaving FRA at 1308 instead of 0945. Plus, it diverted to Birmingham-BHM before continuing to ATL, likely due to bad wheather in ATL, resulting in a total delay time of 7h24min.

Comment

They might have put in a holding pattern until they could figure out where it needed to go.

-Chris

Comment

Weather delays and diversions would have been closer to ATL. I suspect a MTC problem and they circled until they could get the okay from MTC to proceed.

Comment

Working...
            X