Gottröra report online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gottröra report online

In the old forum we occasionally discussed the Gottröra accident in 1991, and the sad fact that the report was nowhere available online (having no clue what I'm talking about should probably be added to the "if you grew up in the 90s" thread ).

After many "suggestions", from me and others, the Swedish accident investigation board has finally made a pdf available on their web site: http://www.havkom.se/index-eng.html

I'd consider it required reading concerning at least three aspects: icing, succesfully accomplishing all-engine-out forced landings, and crew resource management.

But maybe that's just me...
    One who got away

Originally posted by Flying Bear
    In the old forum we occasionally discussed the Gottröra accident in 1991, and the sad fact that the report was nowhere available online (having no clue what I'm talking about should probably be added to the "if you grew up in the 90s" thread ).

After many "suggestions", from me and others, the Swedish accident investigation board has finally made a pdf available on their web site: http://www.havkom.se/index-eng.html

I'd consider it required reading concerning at least three aspects: icing, succesfully accomplishing all-engine-out forced landings, and crew resource management.

But maybe that's just me...
    It's just you

--- Kidding

Very interesting report. Amazing that there were no fatalities under the circumstances. A good demonstration in a number of ways about the things that you don't know biting you. (and the things you don't know you don't know.)

The plane in picture Section 1.3 is one sad looking puppy - almost literally.
    Terry
    Lurking at JP since the BA 777 at Heathrow and AD lost responsiveness to the throttles.
    How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth? Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Fickle Finger of Fate

Compare this accident with the Air Florida accident, in that engine loss of power was caused by inclement weather abetted by poor ground and inspection procedures. Outcomes were different due to terrain, however the SAS flight did not catch fire despite much spillage, so the Flying Fickle Finger of Fate applies.
      ASMEL-IA 1978 A&P-IA 1965 First Aloft 1954 DC-4
      Dad: B-24 Ploesti Self: U205A1 private ops Nam

Comment

One thing really stands out when considering loss of power: If the crew realizes and accepts that they are in an all-engine-out situation and that they are committed to an off-airport landing, the outcome is nearly always succesful, with some noteable exceptions like the Southern crash.

But if they keep up a futile effort to stay in the air and reach an airport, the outcome is nearly always fatal.
        One who got away

Comment

Many things worked in advantage of the plane, open field covered in snow where the plane landed,
          pilot onboard as passenger with experience of the aircraft.
          "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Working...
          X