X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 F-15s disappear over Gulf of Mexico

AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

Originally posted by orangehuggy
    the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Pilots have been rescued

the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Comment

Originally posted by James Bond
      Pilots have been rescued
      Good to hear.

Seems likely to be maneuver error. It won't be good for the F-15 fleet if it has a another structural failure issue.
      Terry
      Lurking at JP since the BA 777 at Heathrow and AD lost responsiveness to the throttles.
      How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth? Sherlock Holmes

Comment

One of the pilots was injured and has died

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23262052/

Comment

That's very unfortunate.

I'm sure it must be harder for the friends and families when the first indication is that the pilot has been safely recovered and then learn that he didn't make it in the end.
          Terry
          Lurking at JP since the BA 777 at Heathrow and AD lost responsiveness to the throttles.
          How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth? Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yep

YES... FireLight is correct... at first I heard from the media they BOTH were OK at first too...... gotta make it worse when they found out that's not true

Comment

Air Combat Training (ACT)

First thing you are taught is .... DON"T VIOLATE THE THOUSAND FOOT BUBBLE. Obviously somebody lost sight and they should have called "knock it off"

Comment

Originally posted by DaveGF4G
                First thing you are taught is .... DON"T VIOLATE THE THOUSAND FOOT BUBBLE. Obviously somebody lost sight and they should have called "knock it off"
                If you pop the bubble, things can definitely go sideways in a hurry.
                Terry

Comment

Working...
                X