No announcement yet.

What do you collect??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm actually collecting safetycards (have a look at my homepage: http://safety-cards.gmxhome.de). However, I do keep lots of other things related to aviation like airline issued postcards, air sicknessbags, airline pennants, stickers, boarding passes, ticket folders,... to be able to trade them for safeties.

In case that you are interested in trading you'll find my email address on my homepage or you can PM me.

Comment

I am collecting everything about the MD-80, MD-90, DC-9 and Boeing 717: brochures, advertising-material, pamphlets, safetycards, manuals, pictures, poctcards, posters and articles about these aircraft. I also like 1:100-models of such aircraft.

Such material is very rare to find (it took a long time for me to get a safetycard of Korean Airīs MD-80 for example) and very expensive - this is the reason of my rather small collection because of lack of money

Bye!
      http://www.MD-80.com / MD-80.com on facebook https://www.facebook.com/MD80com / MD-80.com on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MD80com

Comment

This is a great site about the MD-80 that you have created.
        Join my airline memorabilia Yahoo group.

Comment

I collect model airplanes in 1:400 scale, herpa brand, I have about 30 now, I have quite a few companies, but almost all are Russian models (Tupolev, Ilyushin ,...)
          I also collect everything related to the MD80, safety cards, scale models, videos, manuals ...

Comment

Not much. Sake cups. My prize cup is a WWII Japanese cup with the aviation mechanic's propeller. I was an av mech on Guam when the last prisoner that I am aware of was taken out. Regarding many of the books and articles on this, well I have doubts. I remember when he was taken out of hiding at Talofofo Falls. I had been swimming there the weekend before. That was in about 1970.

Darn, I would have loved to gone diving for artifacts in OZ, my time in Townsville was too short. One of my good friends went "MIA" for about 40 years. He got out and came back to NYC, got spit on and got back on a plane with his separation money. He went back to the last place he was treated well. We had lunch in NY last year and he spoke of moving back here but after a week visiting he knows how well he has it. Townsville is now his home.
            Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

Originally posted by guamainiac View Post
              Not much. Sake cups. My prize cup is a WWII Japanese cup with the aviation mechanic's propeller. I was an av mech on Guam when the last prisoner that I am aware of was taken out. Regarding many of the books and articles on this, well I have doubts. I remember when he was taken out of hiding at Talofofo Falls. I had been swimming there the weekend before. That was in about 1970.

Darn, I would have loved to gone diving for artifacts in OZ, my time in Townsville was too short. One of my good friends went "MIA" for about 40 years. He got out and came back to NYC, got spit on and got back on a plane with his separation money. He went back to the last place he was treated well. We had lunch in NY last year and he spoke of moving back here but after a week visiting he knows how well he has it. Townsville is now his home.

Mate, that is SERIOUSLY interesting...Just thought you'd put it out there by-the-by!? "would have loved"? You can always come back mate. We'd have you , no worries. (Darwin's better than Townsville! Your mate was spat on 40 years later! Sounds like people in the US have a long memory! And being wrong for all that time too!
              Your life makes mine seem like i've been asleep for 40 years.

Comment

Bob was spat on and put up with a lot of abuse when he hit home in New York City in 1971.

He said he never settled in and just spun on his heel and went back to the only place he was ever treated well.

I have had a few incidents. The worst was over dinner and a child looked up and asked if I was really a baby killer.
                Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

Everything with an airlines name on it that I can grab. Inflight mag, safety cards, earphones, et al.
                  The 747 will always be the true Queen of the Skies!

Comment

Working...
                  X