What do you collect??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually...

It wasn't me who is in fund of collecting stuffs from airlines..
    It was my older sister.. right after she boarded from the
    plane she, always, bough a souvenir plane..

But it's cute..actually we have ten collections so far..
    "When the hired gets tired, the tired gets fired."
    from dress up games | celebrity games | fashion games community

Comment

I collect pretty much everything:

Safety Cards (although I stopped taking them off the planes about 6 years ago.....I just either buy the ones I need now off of Ebay, or print their covers off the online Safety Card websites like Planespotter.de)

In-Flight Magazines, boarding passes as well as the Luggage Destination Tags from my flights.

I have also @ 27 1:400 scale airliners.

Edit: I also have a set of High Altitude Charts!

Comment

I collect all sorts really

I have a smallish collection of Safety Cards, Luggage tags (the ones with the green stripe and the IATA code of the destination), I also keep my Boarding passes.

I also have some of the flight paperwork from a BA B757 flight from Barcelona to Heathrow. It contains the Flightplan, some Iberia chart in Spanish, a wad of meterological charts/sheets and a postcard which the Captain gave me.

I have also acquired the front face of a Radio Altimeter, a B737 fuel quantity indicator, 2 Underwater Acoustic beacons which attach onto the bright orange flight recorders and a horizontal gyro. (these parts were acquired through Work Experience).

And finally I have just bought a couple of charts! And no, I don't plan to stop there!

Comment

Anything that can be collected... hehehe

Comment

I collect airline spoons, I also have lots of knifes and forks by chance. I would gladly deal with anyone who has spoons to trade.

My collection is visible at this address http://airlinespoon.free.fr

PS I hate this lousy plastic stuff

Comment

Anybody collect aircraft memorabilia? Like people collecting things from famous boats/ships, like the titanic, carpathia etc...Maybe a boarding pass off the lockerby 747 (Morbid, but no different from ships). A peice off the spruce goose? A peice of Me-262 that was the first to shoot down an aircraft...Something off the light plane that had Buddy Holly in it...That sort of thing? Not particularly interested in collecting this stuff myself, just wondering why no-one seems to go there.

Comment

I collect baseball cards if anyone wants to know.....
                August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Luka View Post
                  Anybody collect aircraft memorabilia? Like people collecting things from famous boats/ships, like the titanic, carpathia etc...Maybe a boarding pass off the lockerby 747 (Morbid, but no different from ships). A peice off the spruce goose? A peice of Me-262 that was the first to shoot down an aircraft...Something off the light plane that had Buddy Holly in it...That sort of thing? Not particularly interested in collecting this stuff myself, just wondering why no-one seems to go there.
                  Probably because of all the documentation and legalities surrounding historical memorabilia. Plus, its expensive as hell too, even moreso when you learn that the propellor blade you spent thousands of dollars on that supposedly belonged to the Enola Gay/Memphis Belle/Spirit of St. Louis/etc had forged historical documentation.

Comment

Originally posted by mzk49o1 View Post
                    Probably because of all the documentation and legalities surrounding historical memorabilia. Plus, its expensive as hell too, even moreso when you learn that the propellor blade you spent thousands of dollars on that supposedly belonged to the Enola Gay/Memphis Belle/Spirit of St. Louis/etc had forged historical documentation.
                    did that happen to you or are you just using an example??
                    August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingKing77 View Post
                      did that happen to you or are you just using an example??
                      Just an example; I'm too cheap to start up a collection of historical aviation memerobilia, as cool as it would be. Especially when my collection of pilot wings costs me about $50-80 per set of wings. And while I DO collect propeller/rotor blades, they're all given to me for free from various mechanics I know.

Comment

You should come to sunny Darwin! (Northern Australia in case you don't know). We have most of the WW2 airfields still here in the bush. Plenty of B-24s and the odd B-17 plus a bunch of other aircraft flew out of here to attack the Japs in New Guinea and further afield. We still have catalinas in our harbour, a bunch of wrecks both found and yet to be found, plus heaps of "auxillery" stuff like steel helmets bullets and the odd gun barrel...You can still pick up a .50 cal round pretty easily if you know where to look. There were any number of take-off and landing incidents/accidents, where the Americans would just write off the plane and drag it out of the way. Bits still hanging around all over the place. Don't you just hate me?
                        For those who don't know (most don't) Darwin was bombed 64 times by the Japs. The bombers were the same bombers and came from the same aircraft carriers that took part in the bombing of Pearl Harbour.

Comment

I collect model aircraft from any Dutch airline there is (or was), in all color schemes (still waiting for a good model of the MP retro jet).
                          Scale 1:200, the model brand doesn't really matter. They just have to look good, not too plastic like. I prefer the metal models with realistic paint.

I also keep all my boarding cards / tickets.
                          I also have some flight safetycards (got most of them from a friend or asked the crew).
                          And I always ask for a copy of the flightplan, got most of my flights.
                          My Travels across the globe
                          Pictures I am proud of

Comment

Although I have not added any to my collection recently, I do collect Airline Playing Cards. OMG I have dumped so many things, magazines,timetables, bagfulls of wings, slippers etc. Maybe I should salvage whatever that is still about the house and garage.

Comment

My collection includes 1:200 scale models of various airplanes, plenty of other things connected with real aviation, and many, many books about aviation and history of XXth century. From my old hobby, I have collected a lot of militaries from XXth century, mostly from WWII, like polish\german\soviet union\allies\ caps, helmets, weapons, broshures, medals and other more or less valuable things from that times

Comment

I collect Airport Postcards only.I have loads of airline postcards,safeties, pins,playing cards etc which I trade for Airport Postcards.If anybody has any postcards to trade just let me know.
                                Join my airline memorabilia Yahoo group.

Comment

Working...
                                X