Small Jet crashed outside of Oklahoma City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Jet crashed outside of Oklahoma City

View the latest news and breaking news today for U.S., world, weather, entertainment, politics and health at CNN.com.

I believe it is this jet..

Get the latest breaking news, sports, entertainment and obituaries in Oklahoma City, OK from oklahoman.com.

Alex
    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

A Cessna 500 Citation.
    "EYE" witness says the aircraft was out if control before impact.
    Don
    Standard practice for managers around the world:
    Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

Re:

The aircraft was registered to Southwest Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine LLC, apprarently the President and Vice-President of United Engines, an engine company based in Oklahoma City. Also another businessman. Some people saw the jet spiralling before it went down. RIP.

Comment

I'm thinking the weather was fairly OK at the time of the crash.

Out of control biz-jet would be a strange set of circumstances.
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

I hate these horrible kind of crashes.... out of control

Comment

Originally posted by DaveGF4G
            I hate these horrible kind of crashes.... out of control
            And what is the horrible kind of crash you don't hate? CFIT? Mid-air? In-flight break-up?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
            --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel
              And what is the horrible kind of crash you don't hate? CFIT? Mid-air? In-flight break-up?
              If I had to be in a fatal plane crash, I'd like to be killed "instantly"....sadly, it takes several seconds to get from the flight levels to the surface and I don't particularly like falling, spinning and feelings of aceleration (except for when I lay into the accelerator on my car)....

So (if I had a choice- which is of course a bad joke itself), I'd would prefer CFIT over control loss- preferably a mountainside! Maybe a center fuel tank explosion from a spark or a suitcase bomb might be ok.

Mid-air is probably a bad choice unless you can really make it head on...seems like a lot of mid-airs include the out of control ride as a bonus. In-flight break up....yeah too much of a chance to "experience it" too.
              Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Re:

Local media reported yesterday that more than one eyewitness reported seeing the jet fly into a flock of birds, and now the NTSB will be investigating the possibility of either a bird hit or a bird being ingested into one of the engines.

Weather was actually pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE
                  I'd prefer CFIT over control loss- preferably a mountainside! Maybe a center fuel tank explosion from a spark or a suitcase bomb might be ok.
                  Be careful with your wishes. 99% of the people survive a CWT or bomb explosion just to "enjoy" the ride down and die at impact. The possibility of being just hurt during the explosion and experiencing several seconds of physical pain is a plus.
                  Originally posted by 3WE
                  That's what "maybe" and "might" are for in that sentence

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                  --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel
                    99% of the people survive a CWT or bomb explosion just to "enjoy" the ride down and die at impact.
                    Um....how do you know that? Is there some database of CWT explosions and immediate survivability thereof?

Comment

Let me clarify

Well, I hate ALL crashes ..... but out of control from cruise altitude to impact has to be the worst. The absolute most horrific example I can think of is the Alaskan Air MD-80 out of control and inverted from FL260. It was over a minute and a half from complete loss to impact.... hanging upside down from your seatbelt

Comment

Originally posted by DaveGF4G
                        Well, I hate ALL crashes ..... but out of control from cruise altitude to impact has to be the worst. The absolute most horrific example I can think of is the Alaskan Air MD-80 out of control and inverted from FL260. It was over a minute and a half from complete loss to impact.... hanging upside down from your seatbelt
                        The two 737 hard-overs, the AA ATR in Indianna, The PSA Do Jet? where the disgruntled mechanic shot the pilots, the 9/11 aircraft, GOL and any number of other midairs....

While I've got religion, I'm sometimes think there must be some serious psycological counselors on staff in heaven....it has to be a hell of a ride.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE
                          The PSA Do Jet? where the disgruntled mechanic shot the pilots...
                          That airplane had two engines too many to be a Do-Jet.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE
                            The two 737 hard-overs, the AA ATR in Indianna, The PSA Do Jet? where the disgruntled mechanic shot the pilots, the 9/11 aircraft, GOL and any number of other midairs....

While I've got religion, I'm sometimes think there must be some serious psycological counselors on staff in heaven....it has to be a hell of a ride.
                            The 737 hard-overs were VERY bothersome until they figured it out. I had heard that Boeing at first tried to cover the problem up... anyone else hear that?

Comment

Working...
                            X